IVS not triggering on IPC T5442T-ZE

Reaction score
Not sure what happened but for some reason my IVS just stopped triggering on this camera. Some help on idea of what may have happened or how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Cam: IPC-T5442T-ZE
FW: V2.840.150GOOD.0.R
Using Microsoft Edge in internet explorer mode to log in
Use BI and CAM SD card for recording.
Use DahuaSunriseSunset service manager to change Day/Night

Things tried with No success:
  1. SW Reset of CAM
  2. Disconnect and reconnect network cable with POE to reset
  3. Selected and deselected "schedule" box in Smart plan under event
  4. Unchecked "target filter" on one of the tripwire rules
Video taken on phone of PC monitor with me walking across without any of the IVS triggers activating

Trying to get video being recorded on both BI machine and SDCARD but since the IVS aren't triggering nothing is getting recorded

Does period settings need to be scheduled differently than default?

Attachments

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand your post in the way that this very setting worked before?

One thing that might help understand what is happening: Check the camera log if the camera decided there was an event. It will be written in the event log. It will also state which trigger got activated. Check there first.

And from memory: Should you not see a box around the moving object? You might need IE11 to see it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont run BI so cant say on that end

But some ideas to try
1- Turn off recording to the SD card and try again. I've heard of various issues with SD card but no direct experience. Cant hurt to try
2- It could be a matter of the dark area beside the boat. Contrast and brightness (Gamma) can make a big difference
3- Its hard to explain but IVS rules have a 3D element to them. Try drawing a Tripwire and Intrusion zone as pictured in this thumbnail
IVSRules.jpg

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the same issue with one of mine. I can see IVS events in ONVIF Device Manager and ONVIF event triggers are set up properly in BI. As yours, was a working cam previously. Double checked and even turned off ONVIF authorization. Nothing I've tried has made it work again. Sorry, don't have a solution at this point. There are a couple of other threads here discussing the issue and some work-arounds where others have had more success.

Read through here:

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But some ideas to try
1- Turn off recording to the SD card and try again. I've heard of various issues with SD card but no direct experience. Cant hurt to try
I had that very problem before. Card was having issues, nothing got recorded, but cam triggered (as seen in log). That is why I would spend 20 seconds to check the log, see if the camera noticed the event in the first place.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a not great but only one I have handy example of the 3D effect of Tripwires.

The lady passed right "under" the 3rd zig zag line but was picked up by #4
zigzag-goodcatch.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes the camera IVS was working before at least when i installed it a few months ago :-( Checked logs and no event triggered . Tried the zig zag trip wire and no go. turned off recording to SD and no go either.
Will use codeproject AI on BI till i can figure this out. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You mentioned using Edge. I would strongly recommend using Explorer.

I hear ya about using an Old Browser, but if others with this camera don't have this issue and they use Explorer and you don't...that seems like the root cause. These firmware are unfortunately still rooted in Explorer and they don't seem to be in any hurry to reinvent the firmware wheel.

Keep in mind we still see the need to use Explorer on brand new cameras that just came out in the past 4 months.

Lots of threads here even within the past few days on new Dahua cams (and Amcrest which is Dahua OEM), and even new Hikvision cams, where settings would change and revert to other things using other browsers and once the person reluctantly decided to use Explorer..... and BAM the setting stuck....

@TonyR says it best in this POST lol

"And for any future readers of this issue (IE being needed to set up many cams, especially PTZ's) who want to throw fits, curse and moan......it won't change anything. We all agree its a PITA but until the cam manufacturers do something about it all we can do is bite our collective lips and deal with it, like it or not. :idk:"

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're using it in corridor mode?
I had the same problem with my HDW4539HP.
I use it down the side of my house and IVS rules worked fine but I wanted to see if using corridor mode have a better view.
It did but then I found IVS would stop working.
It would work initially when I set new rules up after changing to corridor but then the alerts stopped coming.

Eventually I went back to normal mode and it's been working fine since.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same basic issue with the 5442.

A workaround, in my case, was to put both cameras in a BI "group". Thus if one camera fired on the IVS rule the other would follow. Or it would also be possible to have no IVS or motion rules for one camera and have the working camera always trigger both.

These two cameras watch the driveway, one on the right and the other on the left side so both triggering on one IVS rule works fine. Your needs may vary and this workaround my not be applicable to your situation.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW I run Sensitivity 9 or even 10. I cant recall the last false alert. I see the OP is running 5

One other wild ass guess, the sun has moved a bunch in the past few months and that dark area is tough to determine the contrast of a person. Id try a line similar to my example and sensitivity of at least 8

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the replies! Changed settings on my computer to stop opening MSFT Edge every time I opened Explorer. Made some changes there but still no IVS trigger. Also increased the sensitivity but no trigger either. Good point on the corridor mode, if i remember correctly i think in the regular mode it was just to wide of a view and I didn't want to spy on my neighbors :), but will try to see if that works. Thanks again for all the suggestions.