IVS issues

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed a new camera set up my tripwires and i get nothing. They dont display on the nvr nor do i get alerts. I went to the nvr web gui and set them up there and still nothing. Ill do so in the camera but before i do that i am curious....im assuming the camera over rules the settings in the nvr and web gui over rides the nvr itself? If i set everything in the camera what do i do to the nvr/web gui?

Im having no issues with the other camera and ivs.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Camera Model and Firmware version?

My NVR is not picking up any IVS from my recessed PTZ; waiting for a firmware update.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This older ones should have no problem with nvr ivs. What for a nvr are you using? Firmware? Do you see a tripwire in the live video of the webif from nvr or cam?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NVR is 4108P i can see the tripwires in the in the event screen web gui. They don't show on my preview view or on the nvr monitor. My other camera, same model shows the tripwires and functions as it should. NVR version is 3.201

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do your cams or nvr have smart plan? I don´t think so, but if the cam has smart plan and the nvr not, the nvr firmware has problems with this. Or maybe the nvr scheduler options are wrong?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do your cams or nvr have smart plan? I don´t think so, but if the cam has smart plan and the nvr not, the nvr firmware has problems with this. Or maybe the nvr scheduler options are wrong?
Both cameras and nvr support smart functions. I have to cameras same model. 1 works perfectly the 2nd is not working with ivs outside of the event screen. I can set the trip wires but then they never show up. I've rebooted the nvr. I've powered down the camera. Factory reset maybe?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well oddly enough im getting alerts from cam 2 in gdmss. Still no visible tripwires but the alerts are coming in. Ill take it for now.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
  • In Smart PSS, you can disable showing the IVS rules in live view. Exit SmartPSS, and relaunch, and it will return to default "show IVS rules"
  • I don't use gDMSS.
  • I do use gDMSS Plus on my android. IVS rules don't show in Live Preview.
  • In SmartPSS, and using the web interface of the NVR in a browser, they both show the IVS rules. And they show in Playback on both devices.
Just in case that gives you some clues to run with....

FastB

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Fastb i have one camera just fine. Its this second camera thats not cooperating. No lines show but yet lastnight i was getting alerts. I had this camera set up inside and set some functions from the camera itself. I didnt have the time to log into the camera itself and change it from that end.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
one shows IVS, the other cam doesn't. But both send alerts. That's the strange part.
"Alerts" is where? NVR display? NVR web UI?
for gDMSS, which doesn't support "push notification", you wouldn't get "alerts", but instead, emails. [Push notification requires gDMSS Plus]

If "alerts" means emails, then we could discuss who sends the email - the NVR, Cam A, Cam B.

I had this camera set up inside and set some functions from the camera itself. I didnt have the time to log into the camera itself and change it from that end.
I'm not sure I followed that.
1) You "set some functions from the camera itself"
2) But you "didnt have the time to log into the camera itself and change it from that end."
1 & 2 seem contradictory. Unless stmt 1 doesn't include IVS "functions"

IVS with Live Preview has some value. For me, the real value is seeing IVS rules, Object boxes, and flashing red tripwire/intrusion when in Playback mode.

Good luck,
Fastb

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Fastb i originally set functions in the camera some time ago. Since i have poe nvr to access camera i have to run a cable from pc to nvr. Wife hates that btw.

I did just that and the scheduling was all messed up. I fixed the scheduling and was able to see tripwires on live view. Still no wires on nvr display but i am getting alerts.