IVS bad config at night

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello, I tried to solve my problem but I never succeeded, I just work with IVS and during the day it's fantastic it works at 99%, but at night it's not at all the same, I have Try all the possible configuration for but 4 camera but it detects 1 time in 10, and we know that thieves are more night than day so I have a big problem, I have the impression that even IR turn on c it's like not assé, if someone here his IVS works well at night I would like to know his configuration which did, and sorry again for my English I take a translator thank you all

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What cameras and how have you setup IVS?

I run IVS on all of my Dahua cameras, 5231-ze and 5442 and although it doesn't help you mine all work during both the day and night time.

So you need to offer up more exact info before anybody will be able to help.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 4 ipc-hdw 3541tmp-as, I configure tripwire and intrusion, during the day it's great just at night it's bad

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
NIght is much more difficult for IVS to work. You need good lighting and perhaps different/more IVS triplines/detection boxes.

Post a picture of your scene with your IVS rules so we can see.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Comes down to the same comments we mentioned in your other post regarding same subject...

Post your night settings and screenshots of what the night images look like. You mention in daytime it works ok, so we need to see the problem pics.

If you are still on auto/default settings for night, then there isn't enough contrast for the camera to pick up differences for example.

Bottom left pic has a plant and a lot of siding that is probably bouncing a lot of IR off of it, as is the bottom right picture.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have got IVS to work in a blizzard:

1628700303130.png

and this crazy shot where I will preface this with this camera is dialed in to this location for when the flood lights come on, so that is why the picture is so dark. One of the big issues people do not account for is what happens when a floodlight comes in - if the camera is on auto/default settings, the image will look ok when the floodlights are off, but then the camera gets temporarily blinded when the floodlights turn on or the image is too bright and it misses IVS motion. So the best option is to dial it in for when the floodlight is on knowing that they will kick on and you will get a great capture once they do.

1628700373809.png

It comes down to configuring your camera and dialing it in to your field of view and using a test subject to walk around while you are adjusting with the IVS rules on during live view to see when and why it is triggering.

Auto/default settings are usually going to be problematic.

And some field of views will be problematic as well. YMMV.