IVS and Autotracking on Dahua SD59225U-HNI PTZ

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread because I am struggling to get my SD-59225U-HNI PTZ working correctly. Specifically i cannot figure out how to set up IVS and Autotracking. I asked some questions in another thread, but i haven't been able to find the help I need.

Am i the only one who has trouble setting IVS in combination with Autotracking up? There is a Dahua Wiki with very detailed instructions about setting these features up, but it is build around an older (or newer?) firmware and it has a completely different UI.

Anyone who shares my problems and is also looking for a working setup/solution?

Regards,
Frank

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
be prepared to just play with it alot, the WebUI has changed a lil but its not that hard.
I hoped that it wouldn't be hard too, but perhaps anyone who can share some settings with me, so that i can play with that? I will post some screenshots here with my UI.

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this camera, and I am also trying to set IVS and autotracking. I managed to set one preset that let say works better but still it quickly looses "focus" on me while testing. In a nut shell at the moment the best I achieved is that it starts to track me but only for 10 - 20 seconds and then it moves to another preset. I only used tripwire, but yestarday I added also intrusion with appears checked, but I have not tested new settings yet.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this camera, and I am also trying to set IVS and autotracking. I managed to set one preset that let say works better but still it quickly looses "focus" on me while testing. In a nut shell at the moment the best I achieved is that it starts to track me but only for 10 - 20 seconds and then it moves to another preset. I only used tripwire, but yestarday I added also intrusion with appears checked, but I have not tested new settings yet.
My experiences are the same. I have been able to set IVS up with an intrusion box and it picks up a moving object. Then it tracks the object for a few seconds and falls back to it's defined preset position. I cannot get it to focus further than about 50 meters away.

I have a feeling it has everything to do with the Global IVS settings and the calibration area. See my screenshot. Anyone who can assist with setting that up?

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
create a preset, setup the SmartPlan for that preset (IVS), create some IVS rules, you can have multiples for the preset each with own min/max sizes.. define autotracking and how long it should track, increase the tracking time if you want it to follow longer.

Global Setup is a lil more complicated and I've not figured it out well enough to simplify it.. sorry

Attachments

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
create a preset, setup the SmartPlan for that preset (IVS), create some IVS rules, you can have multiples for the preset each with own min/max sizes.. define autotracking and how long it should track, increase the tracking time if you want it to follow longer.
Hi Nayr, thanks for your assistance. I set it up exactly as you described, with tracking time at 60 seconds (even tried 120 seconds, but that did not make any difference), but it stops tracking after a few seconds and returns to the preset position. Very weird.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
do you have anything else triggering the preset like another timeout or external interface?
Nope, just the intrusion box. I have the camera set on preset-2 and when it starts to move it falls back to that preset after just a few seconds.

Here some footage of how it works with an intrusion box and tracking time set to 60 seconds. It doesn't last 60 seconds however to return to preset and also I cannot get the camera to zoom in on the car further.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your object is just a few pixels when it lets go..

trying to use this to track cars driving away is going to be a crap shoot at best.. on the global tab hit the Zoom+ button all the way and then hit set track rate and that should save the level of zoom its willing to try to use.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If anyone finds something that explains all of the settings in the global setup area let me know, I'm sure it has an effect on auto tracking and stuff, it sure would be nice to know what the hell it all does.
Yeah, i'm sure it has effect on the autotracking function. But so hard to figure out how it all works ;-(

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
do you have anything else triggering the preset like another timeout or external interface?
Yeah, that made autotracking slightly less unpredictable. I had also motion detection enabled, so i turned that off and now the tracking is a little more consistent. But still it looses track of the object it is following very easily.

Last edited:

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
calibration setup.JPG

Thanks for your help, @nayr
Any idea how to set up that calibration area perhaps? It must have something to do with the reason why i cannot get the tracking correctly.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No idea, tried using em and it was not helping and requires a calibration targets.. You can try hitting Zoom+ until it gets to the maimum zoom you want autotracking to use and then hit 'Set Track Rate', you can also lower the speed if its getting too fast.. might turn down sensitivity a bit and speed since your having troubles loosing targets.

Can you imagine how worthless Autotracking is on other PTZ's? They give you one option, enable/disable.. no tuning, no IVS, nothing.. so its going to chase shadows, squirrels, and spend most of its days watching the sky and clouds.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread because I am struggling to get my SD-59225U-HNI PTZ working correctly. Specifically i cannot figure out how to set up IVS and Autotracking. I asked some questions in another thread, but i haven't been able to find the help I need.

Am i the only one who has trouble setting IVS in combination with Autotracking up? There is a Dahua Wiki with very detailed instructions about setting these features up, but it is build around an older (or newer?) firmware and it has a completely different UI.

Anyone who shares my problems and is also looking for a working setup/solution?

Regards,
Frank
I cant get it fine tuned either..if you have had success please share some screenshots thanks