iVMS incorrect max bitrate

Xander1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
A while back I installed a Hikvision two-wire door station, modelnumber DS-KD8003-IME2.
The video quality of the live stream, which is in 1920x1080, isn't great tho.

In order to get better video quality, I wanted to change the max. bitrate.
The manual says that the max. bitrate is 16384 kbps, however, the iVMS-4200 3.5.0.5 Client software on my computer doesn't let me change it to any value that's higher than 4096.
When I choose the "custom" option and enter a bigger value, it also gives me an error.

Anyone who can help me to resolve this issue?
Or perhaps the information in the manual is incorrect?
iVMS 4200 max bitrate.pngHikvision door station manual resolution.JPG

Thanks in advance!

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried not using a variable bitrate and used constant instead? Also check that your just using H264 instead of any not so smart codec?

Xander1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply!
Yeah, when I change the bitrate to constant it still won't let me enter a bitrate higher than 4096.
As for video encoding, there's only one option in the drop down menu, which is H264.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think you may have login directly to the UI of the door station itself, via your webrowser. The make sure you have no silly "smart codec" active. Hikvison iVMSS will only allow basic configurations.

Xander1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much!
I didn’t know only certain settings are able to be changed through the iVMS software.
I’ll try accessing it by entering its ip adres in a browser tomorrow.

Xander1

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you may have login directly to the UI of the door station itself, via your webrowser. The make sure you have no silly "smart codec" active. Hikvison iVMSS will only allow basic configurations.
I tried entering both the ip address of the outdoor station as well as the indoor station in a browser, but in both cases i wasn't able to connect. I looked around on Google and apparently the door stations don't have a browser interface. I also updated my iVMS software to version 3.11.0.5, but I still can't enter higher bitrates.
Do you know of any other things i can try?

Thanks in advance!

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh well done for trying. I'm not familiar with that unit so can't offer any other assistance. Hopefully someone else can help.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Idk where do you watch the stream but indoor station screen resolution is max 720p, hence you dont see fullHD image.

Xander1

n3wb
Reaction score
Idk where do you watch the stream but indoor station screen resolution is max 720p, hence you dont see fullHD image.
I use the Hik-Connect app to view the live feed. I can then choose between “HD” and “Basic” but regardless of which mode I choose, the bitrate stays between 400 and 500 k/s.
When I save a snapshot to my phone, my phone says it’s a 1920 x 1080 format, but the file size is either 362 or 404 kilobytes, which seems very little.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The OP seems to suggest that their viewing via Hikvision iVMS-4200 3.5.0.5 Client software?
All i have read that he used ivms as means of configurating bitrate.

If thats the case then i would suggest upgrading the firmware where outdoor unit get webinterface, plus upgrading the ivms from 3.5 -> 3.11 and see if bitrate can fixated on what have been put.

Xander1

n3wb
Reaction score
All i have read that he used ivms as means of configurating bitrate.

If thats the case then i would suggest upgrading the firmware where outdoor unit get webinterface, plus upgrading the ivms from 3.5 -> 3.11 and see if bitrate can fixated on what have been put.
I did upgrade my IVMS to version 3.11, but that didn’t solve the issue.
As for updating the firmware of the door station, I haven’t done that yet because I have heard many stories of people getting their device bricked by using firmware that is designed for another region.
My door station has DS-KD8003-IME2 and RRG in its serial number and has Dutch language.
I would really appreciate it if someone would help me find the right firmware.