iVMS help - how to see outline around motion detection areas in recordings?

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any idea how to get iVMS to show the motion detection areas - like these?

I have figured out how to have plane traversal areas showing (but only one one of my machines); NO idea how I got them enabled
- but can't figure out how to get the motion detection areas to show when I move my cam to use those; otherwise I can't tell which area is triggering.

I feel like it must be a configuration option since it works at home but not at work; I've looked high and low and not found anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

Reaction score
I think the feature you are referring to is called 'dynamic analysis'. It shows green boxes around areas where motion is detected. You can enable it in your camera's settings: configuration -> events -> 'enable dynamic analysis for motion'

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got that set. Only see it with one install of iVMS and only for plane traversal.

id5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To toggle the blue lines in iVMS-4200 v2.3.0.4 it is the checkbox under Tool -> System Configuration -> Image -> VCA Rule, you then need to restart the iVMS

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, that option must not be on the Mac version. Any idea why I can only see the plane traversal lines and not motion detection areas?

id5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The motion detection area does not show as a blue box, I think it used to but was swapped for Motion Analysis, the green boxes that you can see if you have Rules enabled in the cameras Local Configuration, Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion checked in the Motion Detection event and the iVMS VCA Rule on. Be patient if you want to see little green boxes, you need to make the changes to the camera and reboot it, change the iVMS and restart it and then wait a few minutes for the rules engine to start processing, it is not instant so people think it does not work and try something else before it begins working.