Ivms 4500 not working on network wifi

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys having a glitch in the system, the app works on my mobile network but once home it won't work on wifi(same network as nvr) it says "no connection" on all cams. I added the nvr again under new device and it works. Weird!!!! Anyone have an explanation for this

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So do you have a static external IP where you are accessing your NVR on mobile network or do you have DDNS ?

I have two entries under Devices.

One is for when on mobile network, which is via Hikvision DDNS. Other entry is the local network IP of the NVR. When I am home, I just select the second device and it works

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same here not all isp's allow loop back to the same external ip addresses.

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I only had the one device and all was swell, now I can't get any cameras on my mobile network nor home wifi!!! Any ideas? I have dynamic ip and using hik ddns

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So reset router and added another device via IP address and the other for ddns, now ddns is working for both mobile and wifi arrrgghhh hate when there is no definite answer

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check for ''NAT LOOPBACK"" function in modem or router. Not all devices are supporting it.. If you have it, Enabled it, and you can watch your camera's with your external ip adres, within your own network

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks normel weird thing was it was all working fine, I will check when I get home