iVMS-4500 local access alternative with push notification

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
i noticed my push notification stopped again on iVMS-4500, thinking its another hikvision server issue i then notice iVMS-4500 (for ios) has been discontinued!
i installed the replacement hik-connect for local access, I see that i am not getting any notifications. question: in order to take advantage of the push notifications do i need to register? this wasnt the case with iVMS-4500.
If i need to register then is there an alternative app that is simiar to iVMS-4500 that will also allow push notification.

thanks again

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hik-Connect for end user

appstore.hikvision.com (browse this) for android users

IOS appstore for iphones

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hik-Connect for end user

appstore.hikvision.com (browse this) for android users

IOS appstore for iphones
I have Hik-Connect installed and I have my NVR accessed locally, I however cannot get notifications. I don’t want to register an account so I am wondering if you are able to receive push notifications without registering and if not then is there an alternate app

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just use visitor mode, doesn't require to actually create an account. But beware, this is security unwise if u lose your phone.

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
Just use visitor mode, doesn't require to actually create an account. But beware, this is security unwise if u lose your phone.
thanks! i have reinstalled the app and added visitor account.

right now i am not getting any notifications, i notice this occurs every few months and then all of a sudden they start working again. the only recent change is an iOS update. i will monitor it for a while till hikvision sort out the issue

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its not with the app, its the problem within notifications inside phone settings most likely.

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
i dont know where to troubleshoot that as i have push notification enabled on the phone side (settings>notifications>hik connect)

Robbe

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had a similar case where we upgraded the iOS of the iPhone to solve this problem.
Can you check if you can upgrade your system?

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
i have tried that and it made no difference. last time this has happened (using ivms4500) the alerts would just start appearing again after a few weeks.
the other thing i noticed this has happened around the daylight saving time change. i have checked my NVR and its pointing to a ntp server with correct timezone.

Rob.

n3wb
Reaction score
Dhil - Did you ever find a resolution to getting Hik-Connect to send you push notifications locally in visitor mode? I have also been using IVMS-4500 locally with push notifications (as you said they were always spotty due to issues on HIkvision side). If Hik-Connect push notifications will not work locally in visitor mode have you found an alternative app?

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
Dhil - Did you ever find a resolution to getting Hik-Connect to send you push notifications locally in visitor mode? I have also been using IVMS-4500 locally with push notifications (as you said they were always spotty due to issues on HIkvision side). If Hik-Connect push notifications will not work locally in visitor mode have you found an alternative app?
Hey Rob, i haven't, i am still trying to figure it out.
i have installed hikconnect on 3 separate ios device all with different ios version. i have installed it on an android drive. All configured in visitor mode and i still don't get push notifications .

proxybox

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm bummed too. Noticed today that my Samsung Android hasn't been receiving notifications for a while on ivms-4500. They must have pulled the servers down recently. I tried Hik-connect in guest mode and can get local access when i'm in my network like you guys. I'm trying to setup access when on cellular through my ddns (no-ip) and port forward in my router but it says "NO Permission". All my port forwarding is correct in my router because ivms-4500 worked flawlessly when I was on the cellular network and all the entries entered just like ivms. I too don't want to register on Hik-connect but I'll need remote access so I might have to bite the bullet. ivms-4500 was great because you never had to share data with Hikvision which is sanctioned here in the US.

Let me know if you guys figure out notifications on local as well as remote without opening an account.

Thanks.

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know why when you..
Click on the device then the image in the bottom right corner, then
Click the 3 dots in the top right corner.
Click Settings
the "device information" page is shown. Should this not be "notification" settings page ?

Rob.

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an iphone and have tried all the settings while in visitor mode....can not get push notifications from Hikconnect. It used to work in IVMS-4500 (even though it would stop periodically).

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
revisiting this thread to see if anyone figured a work around to this issue