IVMS-4500 android

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have been using the HIK 4 port NVR with the IVMS-4500 for a while now without any issues. Then all of a sudden,I can't view video on my phone. Nothing has changed,so I'm not sure what the problem is.

When I try to connect,it says connection failed,nothing about password,etc. I use IP/Domain and used my public IP to connect,but nothing works. I noticed if I'm on HIK DDNS and click on the Device link URL,it redirects and says unable to connect.

Serial number,dynamic IP and port are all there. Any body else having this problem or any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No,it says "connection timed out".
to clarify, can you access your NVR from the browser? I initially though you were using the cameras only, but it appears that you were using the nvr for remote access..

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I can use the IVMS-4200 Windows software and the Web interface to acces the NVR and I get video.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Under the IVMS-4200 Windows software,there is a tab called server that lists my NVR,serial number,etc. Below there is a section that says "online devices" and the NVR will appear and disappear and it keeps doing it. Has to be a setting that has been changed some how or anther.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I try to change anything under the IVMS Windows Program,I get a "WRONG IP" error eventhough the IP is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill try it.

Delete IVMS-4500 from your mobile then download it again.

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue with iOS. I can only connect when on same local network. But outside it doesn't. I've forwarding ports, restarted modem, re-install IVMS-4500. Still nothing.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it still doesn't work with iVMS-4500 installed go into settings I think and delete cache and all app data.

Apps in android do play up sometimes and this usually helps to fix it.