iVMS-4200(v2.4.0.6) not recording on triggered motion events

jaypes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

First time install and playing with this software on PCNVR (I had BlueIris but it pegged the CPU to 100% and would always crash)

• System is 3x DS-2CD3345-I (20fps 1080) and an older computer (Windows 7) running the software.

I downloaded iVMS and was easy enough to setup but it does not record on triggered events - I can see that the events are triggered by movement in the correct areas but no video files?

If I hit manual record it all works fine, video files in the correct directory, unfortunately the system only has a 500Gb HDD and this will get used pretty quickly if it is set to continuous record.

Looked in the User Manual and it talks about a Storage server - is this needed to get these events to record?

Any tips appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jaypes During the installation it asks you if you want to install the client storage and streaming media server. did you select the storage server installation?
With respect to blue iris, were your recording direct to disk? This would lower cpu consumption tremendously.

jaypes

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Fenderman - I installed the lot client, storage server and media streaming server.

Saying that I much prefer BI as it just worked out of the box - Im pretty sure it wasn't setup direct to disk so I will change that.

Cheers!

jaypes

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it all setup and working today properly - I had setup the webserver and was accessing on my iphone which was OKish - installed stunnel for added security - i can login on both a comp browser and iphone but no images show up on iphone (safari works but chrome does not)

More tinkering to get it setup correctly, if anyone has any pointers to view on a mobile device (I did look at the $14.99AUD and thought it was a bit steep after purchasing the software $100AUD

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got it all setup and working today properly - I had setup the webserver and was accessing on my iphone which was OKish - installed stunnel for added security - i can login on both a comp browser and iphone but no images show up on iphone (safari works but chrome does not)

More tinkering to get it setup correctly, if anyone has any pointers to view on a mobile device (I did look at the $14.99AUD and thought it was a bit steep after purchasing the software $100AUD
The BI mobile app is well worth the cost....you can review recorded video, change profiles, get push notifications, etc...you are limiting yourself by not using it.