IVMS 4200 lite stopped working

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been running IVMS lite for over a year on my windows 10 laptop without any major issues, but now it will not open and leaves the process running. What i have tried so far

1. unistalled IVMS
  2. repaired IVMS
  3. re-installed IVMS
  4. tried different versions
  5. cleaned my registry of ALL IVMS after uninstalling and reinstalled
Even installed HiKVision client, but NO luck. double click the icon Windows asks if I want to run the app, I acknowledge and the cursor spins for a few seconds, then nothing. Task Manager shows the IVMS process running, however no APP is shown.
Any ideas or is there a better alternative to IVMS that I can use to view my Hikvisions DVR...

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For anyone facing the same issue, to get IVMS working again, I did the following

1. SFC / SCANNOW did not report any errors, but problem persisted
  2. DISM to try and cleanimage and repair any corrupt files found - This would not compete and kept failing with error codes. I tried different options with DISM and install.wim. NO LUCK
  3. Carried out a Win 10 repair which took about 45 minutes and resolved the issue.
Conclusion, some how a few WIn system / config files must have got corrupted and the repair fixed the issue. I was expecting DISM to have worked, never mind problem sorted!