iVMS 4200 issue

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just built a new system which includes an i5-4440, 8GB RAM, Samsung EVO 840 boot drive and separate recording drive. Running Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64. Its only purpose in life is to run iVMS4200 PCNVR v1.03.06.02. There are 2 cameras connected: 1x 2CD2632F-IS @ 1080P, 25 FPS and 1x 2CD2332-i @ 3MP, 18FPS. The 2632 is displayed on a 1080P monitor 24/7 and the network infrastructure is 1Gbps. Currently no VLANs or QoS. I am not currently recording.

The issue I have is the longer the live display is open, the worse the fluidity becomes. When I open the application the stream is perfect, however the next morning it staggers to the point where it is almost unwatchable. It appears to stagger on the iFrames. I have tried different bitrates (VBR and CBR) from 2048 - 11264, and changed iFrame to 1/2, 1:1 and 2:1 of the FPS. Closing and reopening the application resolves the issue. CPU usage sits at about 12%. Currently application setting is set to "Fluidity"

It is a complex, dynamic scene with moving branches relatively close to the lens, a busy road in the top half, my driveway and front door in the bottom half.Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as although the image is sharp the live view is worse than my 600TVL analogues I have just replaced.

Thanks in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Check the image when you log directly into the cameras web interface (at the time when ivms is exhibiting the symptoms)...

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman for the welcome and quick response. I have just reset the image (this time by changing live view to the second camera and back again) I will check in a couple of hours once it deteriorates again and update the thread.

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
It deteriorated enough in that time to be an issue. Live view through a web browser was seamless. May try a re-installation, or an earlier version of this software.