iVMS-4200 download issue and playback "quirk" after update

lunokhod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

Apologies for the long post. I use Hikvision iVMS-4200 and the now depreciated Storage Server as my NVR. It runs on a dedicated Win7 x64 machine with multiple RAID1 drive arrays for storage.

I tend to leave this machine alone for as long as I can, but recently I decided it was time to update iVMS4200. I am now running V3.10.0.6 build20230714.

Previously when you were in the Remote Playback tab, the video playback time/position was indicated by a fixed central mark on the timeline. You could drag the timeline to change the playback position and the playback mark would stay in the center of the timeline.
This now works differently. Dragging the timeline also drags the playback position along with it. If you want to change the playback position you need to double click in the appropriate place in the timeline. This change hasn't been to hard to get my head around, but it is different.

However there seems to have been a change in how you download video and the manual doesn't seem to have documented this properly. Previously when you right click on the video being played and you select Download from the pop-up menu, you would immediately get a dialog box pop-up where you can enter the start and end times of the video segment you want to download, click download and presto, it appears in the download folder/directory. This is how it is described in the manual but this seems to only work intermittently now.

If I try to download a segment of video (after navigating around a bit to work out start and end times of the section of interest), I don't get the pop-up box! Instead a red highlight appears in the timeline from the current playback position to the end of the day. I can zoom out and drag the timeline to the end of the day and then drag the far end of this highlighted video back to the end of the video snippet I want to download... but there is still no pop-up box with an option to download. I presume this red highlighted section defines the start and end times of the video to be downloaded, but without the pop-up download dialog box appearing, I can't actually download the highlighted video.

The ONLY way I can make it work is to determine the start and end times of the video I want to download first, then close down the playback window, open it up again and start playback from the beginning of the day without navigating around the video. Right click and then Download brings up the familiar dialog box, You can enter times and press Download and it works. But if you start clicking in the timeline and dragging it around... the download dialog doesn't appear.

Any iVMS-4200 gurus in here who have been using the cutting edge latest version who could offer me some suggestions? :)