ivms 4200 and failed live view on ivms 4500

5teve

n3wb
Reaction score
HI Guys

I'm very new to this camera stuff so go easy!

I have just set up 4 hikvision camera's - 2 turrets and 2 domes - models are irrelevent currently.

I have a working local pc install of ivms 4200 - all cameras are streaming - motion detection is triggering recording (at least I can preview the events) and all is looking good (i'm also reviewing blue iris but cpu usage is v high even with no motion detection done my BI - IVMS is around 7% for the 4 cameras)

The issue I now have is that when I install ivms 4500 and 4500HD on my phone (android) I can connect to the storage server (or streaming server) I can see the amount of cameras active and I can preview video events no problem - however I cannot see live view - it just says failed to receive data from the device at the bottom of the live view screen.

Any ideas on what can be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

5teve

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I have done a fresh reinstall with factory reset cameras. Rebooted between uninstall and reinstall of ivms reconfigured the whole system from scratch and still I get the same error of failed to receive data.

I must be missing something or the streaming server isn't playing nice. I only have 3 devices listed in the device manager
Encoders - 4 cameras in this
Storage server
Streaming server

Did I end anything else for live view to work?

Thanks

Steve

Reaction score
Well I have done a fresh reinstall with factory reset cameras. Rebooted between uninstall and reinstall of ivms reconfigured the whole system from scratch and still I get the same error of failed to receive data.

I must be missing something or the streaming server isn't playing nice. I only have 3 devices listed in the device manager
Encoders - 4 cameras in this
Storage server
Streaming server

Did I end anything else for live view to work?

Thanks

Steve
Hi - I know this post is ages old - did you manage to get this to work? I have exactly the same issue and have spent hours looking for the solution? Just upgraded from ivms 2000 which worked exactly as needed but my new cameras aren't supported.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You said it yourself u connected to "Storage server" for live view connect to cameras directly