Issues with new blue iris set up. Glitchy cameras

Reaction score
My old desk top had died. So I purchased a new dell. Here are the specs. Dell Inspiron 3020 Desktop - Intel Core i7-13700, 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR4 RAM, DVD RW, Intel UHD 770 Graphics, Windows 11 Pro.
Wd purple 12tb.

I uploaded a BI back up from the old desktop and everything seems to be running fine. But when I have my cameras expanded so I can see them all on the Bi screen two of the camera glitch. See v I'm running sub streams.

This is a dedicated desktop.

Also does my cpu and ram numbers look normal?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would simply delete those cameras and re-add back into BI. Probably something got corrupt with those cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not do an import. Simply delete the problem camera and re-add as the import could have something wonky.

That happened to me when I did an import trying to take the easy way out.

Importing tends to bring in unwanted crap.

Best practice is to actually build BI from scratch when changing computers.

I did that on my latest new computer and built from scratch and didn't import.

Reaction score
Do not do an import. Simply delete the problem camera and re-add as the import could have something wonky.

That happened to me when I did an import trying to take the easy way out.

Importing tends to bring in unwanted crap.

Best practice is to actually build BI from scratch when changing computers.

I did that on my latest new computer and built from scratch and didn't import.
I just deleted on of the problem cameras and re installed it. I’m still having issues. This is driving me nuts.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe a driver issue.

Did you use Windows that came with the computer or did you do a fresh install that eliminates Dell bloat by doing the Windows install with the Media Creation Tool?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
post the camera video settings from the cameras web interface
does the glitching appear there?

Reaction score
CPU of 0% does not seem right.

So the glitches appear when multiple cams are in a display. What happens when you select just one? What happens if you view that glitchy cam's video from say 10 minutes ago in BI?

What happens if you view it using a browser?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depending on how many cameras and what is going on, the 0% could be right on a 13th gen.

My 8th gen will hit zero like right now when nothing is going on:

1708917912817.png

He still hasn't answered my question on if this was a clean Windows install.

Given he said HA is off and has tried deleting and adding the camera back, I am leaning towards Dell bloatware driver issue or some setting in BI that his previous system didn't take exception to.

I would at this point blow out BI and start from scratch and start with the problem camera first and see if the issue happens with just that camera.

Reaction score
Depending on how many cameras and what is going on, the 0% could be right on a 13th gen.

My 8th gen will hit zero like right now when nothing is going on:

View attachment 187763

He still hasn't answered my question on if this was a clean Windows install.

Given he said HA is off and has tried deleting and adding the camera back, I am leaning towards Dell bloatware driver issue or some setting in BI that his previous system didn't take exception to.

I would at this point blow out BI and start from scratch and start with the problem camera first and see if the issue happens with just that camera.

Reaction score
No it wasn’t a clean install. It was a new dell computer. I didn’t think I needed a fresh install. Is it pretty straightforward fo do a fresh install?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That could be the issue - they throw so much junk and alter the drivers and whatnot that is has caused many issues that we have seen over the years.

Yeah the fresh install is a simple procedure. I did it not even two months ago with my refurb purchase. Maybe 15min tops.

Burn the media creation tool to a USB drive and then plug the USB into the computer and restart and let it boot from that and it will install a clean version of Windows free of all the Dell bloatware and changes they made to Windows.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dell computers come with a lot of crap installed.
Search for Microsoft media creation tool. Then read the instructions.

Reaction score
CPU of 0% does not seem right.

So the glitches appear when multiple cams are in a display. What happens when you select just one? What happens if you view that glitchy cam's video from say 10 minutes ago in BI?

What happens if you view it using a browser?
The glitches show up on my iPhone and ui3 as well. But not when I log into the camera directly.