Issues with Hikvision DS-KV8213-WME1 doorbell sound

alibeg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed DS-KV8213-WME1 (firmware V2.1.5 build 200629) doorbell with two monitors DS-KH6320-WTE1.

Outdoor unit is connected through cat6 cable to my NVR DS-7608NXI-K2 for continuous recording along with 5 DS-2CD2047G2-L cameras.

Everything seems to be working allright I am just having problems with sound from my doorbell, it constantly makes strange ticking or clicking sound (2 ticks a second) like an old wall clocks.

I have tried everything but no success. Just did not try to install new firmware, because I do not know which hardware revision of the unit I have (A), (B) or (C), as I do not want to brick it. I have seen that there is available newer firmwares for (B) unit on Hikvision site.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed DS-KV8213-WME1 (firmware V2.1.5 build 200629) doorbell with two monitors DS-KH6320-WTE1.

Outdoor unit is connected through cat6 cable to my NVR DS-7608NXI-K2 for continuous recording along with 5 DS-2CD2047G2-L cameras.

Everything seems to be working allright I am just having problems with sound from my doorbell, it constantly makes strange ticking or clicking sound (2 ticks a second) like an old wall clocks.

I have tried everything but no success. Just did not try to install new firmware, because I do not know which hardware revision of the unit I have (A), (B) or (C), as I do not want to brick it. I have seen that there is available newer firmwares for (B) unit on Hikvision site.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Is the camera powered by 12VDC?

If so, maybe there's AC ripple coming from the power supply...or maybe line voltage wiring running close and parallel to the DC power line to the doorbell?
Normally that would be more like a hum, but it's hard to say.

Can you try an alternate power supply?

alibeg

n3wb
Reaction score
Everything is powered by two POE switches (5 cameras one switch, doorbell and two monitors another).

Yes, powerline are running close to cat6 cables which power outdoor station and two monitors.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Everything is powered by two POE switches (5 cameras one switch, doorbell and two monitors another).

Yes, powerline are running close to cat6 cables which power outdoor station and two monitors.
1) Maybe temporarily run new CAT6 from switch to doorbell, away from powerline so as to eliminate that as a possibility?
2) Swap the 2 switches?

alibeg

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll try.

What’s storage location of the visitor photos and audio messages if I don’t have SD cards installed? I’ve noticed that unit make blurry low res photos somewhere. Quality is really bad.

I’ve added doorbell IP as a camera to my NVR to record 24/7 but thats other thing. Is there a possibility to store these visitor snaps to my HDD aswell in full resolution?

alibeg

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve installed SD cards but there’s no way to set up this device to record to the SD card. I still get pixelated blurry images of the visitors.

However I get clear 24/7 1080p recording on my NVRs hard drive.