Issues with BI running headless?

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been using BI for about a year. It's on a dedicated PC and I run it in headless mode. In the past year, I've had two issues (the most recent of which was yesterday) where I took a Blue Iris update and then Blue Iris will no longer open and give me a Windows Error.

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 21.06.36.png

If I try to roll back to an older version of BI, I still am unable to open up BI and run it. The only way to get going again is a complete Windows /BI reinstall.

Last night after this happened, I was ready to re-install Windows and BI. When I hooked up my monitor to the box I was able to open up BI!

My theory is it's somehow related to Hardware Accelerated Decode - I am using Intel.

But that's just a theory. I send an email to BI support but have not heard back yet. Has anyone else seen a similar issue?

Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe try to import your previous settings to bring back the BI registry prior to update.

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you running auto updates? Drop back and do manual updates, then only update for stable update versions.
Always make a new backup (export settings) before updating.

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you running auto updates? Drop back and do manual updates, then only update for stable update versions.
Always make a new backup (export settings) before updating.
Yea....I think that was it. Auto updates were running and pulling down regular builds. I did not notice that!

Arggggghhhhhhh