Issue with Remote Access Wizard and T-Mobile/TP-Link Omada combination

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have installed a Blue Iris system for my brother in law. He lives in a rural area and has not had internet for awhile until T-Mobile now came along. He now has internet and wanted to get things up to date on the farm.
Well, I've disabled the wifi from Tmobile and am using that as just a gateway and got the TPLink Omada system working well.
I'm now setting up the Blue Iris for him, but have run into a snag. Setting up the remote access wizard is not working like all my other installations have. VPN is not an option in their tech not household. I want them to be able to view their cameras on their phone and in UI3 on their computers. I'm kind of striking out since I don't find a lot of info on TMobile with an Omada System, along with Blue Iris on top of that.
Does anyone know of a fix on what I need to do? Thanks so much.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He has 1GB fiber just 1/2 mile away from him. No idea when it will be available, but when it is, he is going to jump on it. Although TM, is better than not having anything at all.
Would tailscale work too? If either zerotier or tailscale would work, is there a place where I can find info on how to deploy it? Thanks for the input guys.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would tailscale work too?
I don't see why not. Here's a great comparison ==>> ZeroTier vs. Tailscale

EDIT 9/10/22 @ 0648CT: Joe Trelli (SP?) of Cajoling Technologies made a great YT video of setting up BI with Zerotier but he closed his YT account not too long ago. Several users followed his video and were successful here so you could pick their brains possibly==>> Zero Tier remote access to Blue Iris

EDIT 9/15/22 0730 CT: The above YT video is no longer available on YT, @Alaska Country posted the actual file here on another thread so you can download and view offline.

Last edited: