Is this the official Blue Iris Support Forum?

PlusPower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

i've been happily using Blue Iris Software for several months and just recently updated to version 4.
Like many others in this forum I have experienced several problems since then.
Some severe problems seem to be fixed with the current release v4.0.0.10 x64 but others remain.
I am also waiting and hoping to eventually get the benefits out of my payment for the v4 license.
It's good to see that there is a possibility to receive some support through this forum.

I also tried to comment directly on http://blueirissoftware.com but my question was neither posted nor answered.
As a result of this I have not tried to mail to support@blueirissoftware.com yet.

What I am curious about is whether or not this is the official Blue Iris Support Forum.
Are there any developers of blueirissoftware among the members of this forum or are they at least reading our posts?
Does anyone here know how many people are actually working in the development of this software?
I would like to participate more in discussions on problems, missing features or new ideas on this software but is this the right place?

Best regards
PlusPower

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There is no official blue iris forum. The is a user forum. The developer does not read the forums or respond to questions here. For support, write to the email address you posted. The release notes indicate a full time support staff is in the planned.
As far as I know there is only one person developing this software. That is how the costs are so low...similar packages from larger developers charge at the minimum 50 dollars per camera (and those license are missing lots of features so 100 per camera is more realistic).
If you are a blue iris 3 user i would not upgrade to 4 just yet until the bugs are worked out.
This is certainly the place to get help or info on blue iris.
There is another user forum at cam-it.org as well.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, what am I missing? Is the implication that fenderman is Ken?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, what am I missing? Is the implication that fenderman is Ken?
I have been accused of that once or twice before, but I assure you that is not the case...I wish I had 1/100 of his capability.....