Is this a reasonable cost for a LTS system and install?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a friend getting a bid for a sec cam system install. I asked him for more information.
His quote is from a local installer for an LTS system, 8 port POE NVR with 4 x 4 MP IP turret cameras & junction boxes, CAT5 cable, + 2TB WD Purple drive. Installed and configured.
His quote is $2,434 for that installed on a walk out ranch house.
He did not tell me \ does not know the specific camera or NVR model. Seemed high to me but that may be because I'm used to seeing pricing for cameras and equipment here direct from EMPIRETECANDYand no idea the value of labor on a typical install, so I have no idea if I can tell him that price reasonable for the system and install.
Any general opinions would be appreciated on if the quote is reasonable?
Any opinions on LTS systems\cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is very reasonable if they are running the cables in the wall. You need to understand that installers make money on the product itself they don't charge you their cost, just like your auto mechanic makes a profit on the parts as well. There is a lot of overhead for a properly run business like that.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. I know this forum is all about best bang for the buck and do-it-yourselfers like myself, so I don't see a lot of real world install cost examples and this guy is def not in a position to do it himself.

Since LTS is Hikvision, would that mean any future camera expansions would have to be Hikvision cameras only or does anyone know if LTS\Hik NVRs can accommodate other camera mfgs?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I know this forum is all about best bang for the buck and do-it-yourselfers like myself, so I don't see a lot of real world install cost examples and this guy is def not in a position to do it himself.

Since LTS is Hikvision, would that mean any future camera expansions would have to be Hikvision cameras only or does anyone know if LTS\Hik NVRs can accommodate other camera mfgs?
it will work with other onvif cams but certain features like line crossing may not.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK, so I could plug in a Dahua camera and it would work but most likely none of the IVS features would be able to be set in the camera to record or would you say the IVS could work to trigger recording from the camera but no NVR side settings specific to Hik could be set to trigger recording on the non-hik camera?
I get confused reading about the differences between what can be set on camera vs what can be seen on \in NVR only.
Thanks