Is there an API for changing night/day modes on Dahua?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua IPC-T5442TM. Is there anyone to remotely change the Day/Night mode? The built-in time based one isn't very good since lighting conditions change by the day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and someone made it easy!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The utility will not work for Hikvision.

Hikvision seems to have figure out what day/night profile means LOL.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The utility will not work for Hikvision.

Hikvision seems to have figure out what day/night profile means LOL.
Below is a link to someone that forked the CameraSunriseSunset and added Hikvision

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh man, it's so good to hear that I'm not the only one having issues with the day/night profile on dahua. Sometimes you work on issues on isolation and just think you're the only one dealing with a problem.

I'm so confused what even is the issue. Sometimes the image is great at night, sometimes not. Is it just not switching to night profile?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depending on the camera, all the day/night switching does is uses one profile and simply switches from color to IR and B/W.

So in the business settings that Dahua caters to, the same settings for shutter, etc. can be the same. But for a house where it will be a lot darker at night, using one profile is problematic.

So probably what you experienced is snow or full moon or something that provided more lighting that allowed it to "work" some of the time because it was using day or general profile.