Is there a way to get the stream from a hikvsion NVR other than RTSP?

sealfab

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to use a hikvision analog recorder instead of a dedicated analog encoder, specifically for use with blue iris. The usual rtsp:/<user>:<password>@<IP>:8554/Streaming/channels/10<1|2> works. Problem is in BI when you connect over RTSP you loose the option to have a main/sub stream for each cam. Is there another way to connect that would allow me to pull both the main/sub stream?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try this. In BI, select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras. OR depending on your NVR, it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown. Sometimes it lets a substream come in and sometimes not.

sealfab

n3wb
Reaction score
Find would not work but it did end up working with /Streaming/Channels/101 /Streaming/Channels/102 I forgot to change the port from 554 to 8554 :facepalm:

thx