Is the SD49225T-HN still worth it? Or are there better alternatives with full PTZ?

Joshude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello folks!

I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a replacement camera for my Instar 9020 (a german brand) because man, that thing annoys me.
Let me just quickly show my current setup:

A small house in sweden with 2 cameras installed. The mentioned Instar 9020 with PTZ and a rather cheap Reolink with only zoom, no full PTZ.
I have a smarthome running at my own home with a permanent vpn-tunnel to the house in sweden. Over the messenger Telegram i can send commands to both cameras and receive images back. So far, so good.
The Instar is driving me nuts, because it won't keep the ptz-settings 100% accurate. After a power loss e.g. the camera is tilted 10° down, e.g. That sucks, because i take snapshots every day at 12pm to make a timelapse.

So, whilst looking for alternatives i stubmled over the Dahua cams, especially the mentioned SD49225T-HN. I could get it for about 220€.
The CGI-Commands seem to be very enhanced, so i can use them to safe and load ptz-presets and send them over my telegram-bot, nice!

But, is it worth it? Or are there any better alternatives? In sweden it gets rather cold (at the moment its -22°C/-8°F so it needs to survive that.

Any help is really appreciated! I'm in no hurry because i'll be in sweden only in june, as of right now.

This is the position of the camera right now, just so you can see the mounting-options

1609842549056.png

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, whilst looking for alternatives i stubmled over the Dahua cams, especially the mentioned SD49225T-HN. I could get it for about 220€.
Hello from Germany, ;)

the SD49225T-HN is a good camera, but it's an "old" model. --> Last firmware Update = 05.11.2019 So there are still some minor bugs. :(
Maybe the "successor model" SD49225XA-HNR (~ € 300 from Andy) is the better choice. Just read the information and experience here in the forum.

Something in German. :)
Bezüglich Deines genannten Preise: Vielleicht genau € 222,85 ? ;)

VG Jim

Joshude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, thank you! Firmware over a year old... hmm. What about the SD49225XA-HNR? It has been released mid 2019.
Whos Andy? I only know Ali :D

Richtig, daher die Idee möglicherweise auf die Kamera zu gehen. Die Instar ist echt mist.
Grüße
Jonas

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whos Andy? I only know Ali Reply:D
Andy is a Member and a/"the" chinese seller: EmpireTech Andy

My experience with Andy: First time purchase
Aktuell brauche ich keine SD49225T-HD mehr, ansonsten hätte ich die zu diesem Preis auch gekauft. ;) Ist halt ein "Schnapper", sofern sie nicht doch beschädigt sein sollte. Oder halt die SD49225XA-HNR über Andy für ~ € 300 kaufen. Dann allerdings über China, da die hier in D natürlich noch wesentlich teurer ist.

VG Jim

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As for low temperature, I've used both cameras in Canada, and we often dip down to - 40c a few times each winter. They've both handled the cold very well.

Joshude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you, that sounds very promising.

On the website i read:
When a Dahua SMD camera is paired with an SMD enabled recorder, advanced algorithms are used to differentiate and send an alarm when human and vehicular shapes are detected. False alerts are filtered for up to 95% accuracy, saving customers the hassle of unwanted alarms.
Do i need a recorder for the SMD feature? And is there a setting to let also animals being tracked? The camera is mounted in sweden, so reckognizing and tracking animas (moose, bear etc) would be a nice feature set.
Can the camera write on SD-Card when no recorder is present?

The SD49225XA-HNR sounds really, really promising so far!

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, that sounds very promising.

On the website i read:

Do i need a recorder for the SMD feature? And is there a setting to let also animals being tracked? The camera is mounted in sweden, so reckognizing and tracking animas (moose, bear etc) would be a nice feature set.
Can the camera write on SD-Card when no recorder is present?

The SD49225XA-HNR sounds really, really promising so far!
it has built-in SMD function and AI based IVS Function & Face detection with attributes !!! (but one function at time)
NVR4-4KS2(IVS and SMD) or NVR5-4KS2 (if face detection only)combination can work .. can you check you can see auto tracking function in your SD49225XA-HNR??? if yes please share the picture of Fw Version for your SD49225XA-HNR

IVS Demo:

Face detection: