is surveillance-video.com reputable?

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would like to replace my 7 year old hikvisions and am having trouble finding dealers with a good variety of domes. Has anyone had any experience with surveillance-video.com? Any reason not to use them? They are nearby to me in Vermont as far as shipping goes.
Thanks!
Eric

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure of the site you referenced. But B&H photo out of NYC is an authorized Hik vendor

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless it is a great deal, why not see if Nelly's or @EMPIRETECANDY have the models you are looking at?

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I love BAndH, but they don’t have a very good selection in stock right now. I checked Nellys and Empire Andy and they don’t seem to have hikvision. Are they just re-branded hikvisions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes they are international unbranded OEM models - fully upgradeable and with no missing functionality. You just are not paying for the logo! Sometimes though I do get cameras from them that have the Hik or Dahua logo on them - probably depends on how many they order.

If there is a model you want that they don't show, Andy can usually get one if you DM him with the request

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He has an Amazon store front that are shipped from the US from Amazon warehouses.

He also has a refurbished list that comes from the US.

Some items will come from Hong Kong if they are not in the US, but I have always got them within 3 days.

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've decided that I'd like to stick with hikvision or variants. Unfortunately, empiretec doesn't seem to have any and Nelly's no longer carries them. Does anyone have any other suggestions for reputable places to buy hikvision in the USA? Looking for 4mp fixed 2.8mm and 4mm or 8mp 2.8mm.
Thanks, Eric

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've decided that I'd like to stick with hikvision or variants. Unfortunately, empiretec doesn't seem to have any and Nelly's no longer carries them. Does anyone have any other suggestions for reputable places to buy hikvision in the USA? Looking for 4mp fixed 2.8mm and 4mm or 8mp 2.8mm.
Thanks, Eric
Did you reach out to him or just going by his Amazon listings?

If you haven't reached out to him, I would suggest DMing him as he has can get cameras that aren't big enough sellers to justify storing them in a warehouse. As a plus, you would probably get them with Hik logos. And if not, the probably B&H

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you reach out to him or just going by his Amazon listings?

If you haven't reached out to him, I would suggest DMing him as he has can get cameras that aren't big enough sellers to justify storing them in a warehouse. As a plus, you would probably get them with Hik logos. And if not, the probably B&H
No, will do now.
Thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, will do now.
Thanks
HI Eric,

Also member @vector18 has 2 nice looking cameras for sale ..

EmpireTecAndy is a good resource .. so definitely see what he can help you with.

Otherwise, not seeing a recovery in the USA on the supply of a good selection of model on security cameras with larger sensors, including Hikvision