Is it possible to have a second BI application that is just view only and reads from the network drive that houses the archive files?

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just as the title says, when I want to view and playback footage on another computer that isn't the BI comp, I hate using the BI webpage everything is so blurry. Is it possible to just have another instance of BI that has the same cameras connected but doesn't record anything, and just have it synced to the same database as the main BI or is this ridiculous?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just as the title says, when I want to view and playback footage on another computer that isn't the BI comp, I hate using the BI webpage everything is so blurry. Is it possible to just have another instance of BI that has the same cameras connected but doesn't record anything, and just have it synced to the same database as the main BI or is this ridiculous?
It's blurry because you didn't select the proper settings.... don't use a hammer to kill a fly....
You can use a second instance of bi to remote into the primary. But this is completely unnecessary in your case.

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm missing something, this doesn't look 4k to me, when I select a camera it's okay, but the dashboard is like 240p

1685047923115.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm missing something, this doesn't look 4k to me, when I select a camera it's okay, but the dashboard is like 240p

View attachment 164119
See this Blue Iris UI3 and also select a non vbr option on the right side.
Understand that when BI is setup properly it will not display the main stream in the matrix view - this is to conserve cpu. You might want to bump up the resolution of the substream.