Is it possible to delete completed exported clips from server?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've given up trying to get a queued clip to abort. However, once they're done and downloaded to local machine, how do we clear out the original export from the server? Where are they located? My OS is running on an SSD, and I don't want to store old exported clips that may be multi-GB each.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Within UI3, if I choose to export, it will dutifully create an export (mp4) file somewhere on the server. Once it's complete, I can then "download" it from the client browser. Since it may take an hour or more to create the export (from BVR to mp4 with overlay text), I'm certain that final export is stored on the server. Because once it's complete, I can download it repeatedly from the server.

For example:

1648179909381.png

The first two are being processed/queued. The remaining clips are complete. If I click on any of them, it immediately downloads it to my client PC (without re-rendering). One is 12.4GB. It won't take many of these to eventually fill up whatever server-side storage it saves to...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
So if camera 1 is recording to say for example a folder named "New" or "Aux1", the original clip would reside there right?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So if camera 1 is recording to say for example a folder named "New" or "Aux1", the original clip would reside there right?
Under normal housekeeping and file moving/deletion of the .bvr, correct. I'm talking about files that you manually generate by initiating an export from bvr to mp4/mov. You can do that either from the BI console during playback of a clip (right-click select convert/export) - or from within UI3 by clicking the export button during clip playback

1648180578188.png

The saving/moving/deleting of bvr clips by the routine handling of recorded files is separate from exported content.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes! That was it... It's saving them under the "new" folder, subfolder "clipboard". Genius. I would have never looked there. Thanks!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
From the BI manual:

1648181014816.png
Not terribly obvious or intuitive. My concern was that the exported files were being created/saved on the SSD - and they're not.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I haven't got a file or folder named "clipboard" but I havent used UI3. I have just exported Catalytic Theft footage to a new folder ( usually the plate #) onto the My Pictures folder on the Cv drive, Which as you say isn't very Large. (SSD of 250 GB)
I should probably save them on the Surveilance drive.