Is it possible Reolink has made some terrific and overdue changes? Or is it all talk and no action? ( Reolink ColorX , Reolink CX410 )

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible Reolink has made some terrific and overdue changes? Or are they just throwing around new, catchy hi-tech buzz words?

Excerpt:

"During the night, ColorX technology allows infrared and visible light to reach the image sensor of the security cameras. This feature improves the effectiveness of a 24/7 security system as it allows for improved color night vision in low light conditions, even when there is no electric light."

Comments?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is just buzzwords. The CX410 is one such camera. Let's take a look.

While it is on the proper MP/sensor ratio (4MP on a 1/1.8" sensor) with a large f1.0 aperture, at $95 it would be a steal if it worked like other full color cameras.

Sadly, it appears to suffer from the same issues of reolink, which is poor night quality and ghosting, etc. And look how washed out the camera on the right is when the lights kick on.

1685367607118.png

Is missing a leg normal?

Are these captures that could IDENTIFY a person? Looks like the person is close enough that a Dahua could provide IDENTIFY quality.

But it benefits from the light turning on with motion. Wonder if the camera gets momentarily blinded.

1697896087848.png

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, i bought one for fun.

No manual settings possible. Thats why it looks so bad. I didnt took it apart, but i think its a cheap sensor. Not omnivision.

Somewhere was a thread where someone posted some pics from cheap china module. Has good sensor, but no good picture.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, i bought one for fun.

No manual settings possible. Thats why it looks so bad. I didnt took it apart, but i think its a cheap sensor. Not omnivision.

Somewhere was a thread where someone posted some pics from cheap china module. Has good sensor, but no good picture.
Thanks @duplo

Feel free to share more on your experiences with this Reolink cameras