Is it Adios Audio, or are my Settings Sound?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far (I have my fingers crossed) I have solid video from my four IPC-HDW4300C cameras! I achieved this by disabling the audio! I believe that the loss of video was due to bandwidth limitations of my network. I tried to remedy this by lowering the resolution, frame rate and bit rate to no avail. I never tried turning off the audio because I was of the understanding that this feature did not increase bandwidth demand much. If anyone has an opinion on this, I am all ears!

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an update. With audio turned off on all of my cameras, the video is extremely solid. I would like to have audio, but I guess I will have to live without it. I have six cameras now, and have set all of their video settings to their maximum settings, i.e., resolution, frame rate, bit rate. After several days, I still have solid video. If I choose a specific camera and turn the audio on, I eventually lose the video. I don't get it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 6 of those cams on two blue iris systems (12 total) dont have this issue..have you tried playing with the audio bitrate?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I haven't, but I will try. I guess I was under the erroneous impression that audio didn't increase bandwidth demand that much. Thanks for the suggestion fenderman.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I haven't, but I will try. I guess I was under the erroneous impression that audio didn't increase bandwidth demand that much. Thanks for the suggestion fenderman.
The audio should not increase the bandwidth...I bitrate limit should include the audio as well..also the audio uses VERY little bandwidth..