Is HiKvision's camera better than Dahua's?

PeterGo

n3wb
Reaction score
Which brand is better? Please kindly share your experiences with me:)

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They are both way better than Sonoff you asked about on your other post!

Before posting anything more, please read this. First you need to define what you want to achieve.
Now you're asking if Coca Cola or Pepsi is best.

Justin Blackburn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I prefer dahua, but hikvision isn’t a bad brand either. There are many newer cameras that are great. You can also get models that are a few years old now that are really impressive and a little cheaper. A lot here buy cams from Andy. Here’s a couple reviews of some really good cams

Page 10 of that thread wildcat talks about some of the popular options in comparison to others. I bought one of the Color4K-X and was blown away with how much better it was than the cam it replaced.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is like Honda versus Toyota - comes down to personal preference and bias. Both are comparable, but many here prefer the Dahua and its interface over Hik, but we have many Hik fans here too.

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do have both, and they both have strengths and weaknesses.
But in my opinion the pricing of Dahua from @EMPIRETECANDY makes them a better buy. Also, for me it is much easier to understand dahua model naming convention.
Yet Hikvision integrates better with surveillance station NVR i use at home. But you need to get in to more expensive models to get AI.
SO to sum it up: it depends :)