Is Blue Iris through IP cam talk legit?

joedav1228

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to purchase Blue Iris in 14 days and I'm kind of low on cash so any savings will make a difference, I noticed Blue Iris is 15.00 cheaper than buying straight from BI.

I have read wildy different opinions on getting BI from a 3rd party. Stories from its a stripped down version, not the same product, doesn't have the same features and people having alot of trouble getting their serial key... I would like to think it's all b.s. and buying 3rd party is a good way to quickly save 15.00...

Can someone confirm/deny please?

Thank you,
Joe

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to purchase Blue Iris in 14 days and I'm kind of low on cash so any savings will make a difference, I noticed Blue Iris is 15.00 cheaper than buying straight from BI.

I have read wildy different opinions on getting BI from a 3rd party. Stories from its a stripped down version, not the same product, doesn't have the same features and people having alot of trouble getting their serial key... I would like to think it's all b.s. and buying 3rd party is a good way to quickly save 15.00...

Can someone confirm/deny please?

Thank you,
Joe
I've bought several here over the last couple of years, no problems. If anything, I've seen lots of support here.

If you have any problems, let me know and I'll refund you the $15 you're concerned about, personally. And no, I'm not a staff member...just a forum member like you.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I found this site after getting Blue Iris version 3. I have sense upgraded to version 4 and version 5 using this site.
I have used the tech service for questions, bugs, and suggestions. Ken treated me the same as the copies I bought from
his web site.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I bought my second copy here I believe,
If anybody is still running some Nightowl products there is a sitewide 15% off coupon code - VETS2020

redman19

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfounded. I discovered BI here and purchased from here. Lots and lots of people on here run BI and the support you’ll receive here is simply amazing. I can honestly say that if it weren’t for this place I’d likely screwed up big time when I began to set my system up. I owe a great debit to this place from the amount I’ve learned in a short time span.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfounded. I discovered BI here and purchased from here. Lots and lots of people on here run BI and the support you’ll receive here is simply amazing. I can honestly say that if it weren’t for this place I’d likely screwed up big time when I began to set my system up. I owe a great debit to this place from the amount I’ve learned in a short time span.
Heck, even with help, a guy can still screw up some settings.
Some cams look great right out of the box, boom your done. Some cam locations take trial and error experimentation to get a setting you can live with 24/7.
Some guys have two cams in a location because one just can't do everything.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Heck, even with help, a guy can still screw up some settings.
Some cams look great right out of the box, boom your done. Some cam locations take trial and error experimentation to get a setting you can live with 24/7.
Some guys have two cams in a location because one just can't do everything.
Most all cams will not perform at their best by leaving the settings at factory defaults.
Common issues with camera image | IP Cam Talk