IR on Dahua-Cams

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interested in the HFW-8331E-Z. Perhaps anyone can help me, Is it possible to adjust the brightness of the ir leds? I know it from Hikvision (Smart-IR).

best regards
morpheus

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

nobody knows? Perhaps my english is too bad? Hmm, does the ir leds always lights up at full power? Or is it possible to reduce the power? Or does the cam itself adjust the power?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
nobody knows? Perhaps my english is too bad? Hmm, does the ir leds always lights up at full power? Or is it possible to reduce the power? Or does the cam itself adjust the power?
This is the technical spec sheet....no mention of adjusting IR, View attachment ipchfw8331ez.pdf
@nayr is the expert when it comes to Dahua cameras, he should be able to answer your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All the ones I've used have had the equivalent of Hikvision's Smart IR (but have never used this one!).

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
[h=2]The following was from my Dahua camera help page:

Anti-IR overexposure[/h] Anti-IR overexposure, which is Smart IR function, which adopts intelligent image processing technology and adjusts brightness curve intelligently via detecting multi-block brightness of the image, which is to prevent image overexposure or underexposure for some block. It is mainly used to solve the overexposure for IR camera. The function can only be realized for some IR cameras, different models have different configuration modes, users have to adjust according to their needs.

If your Dahua has Smart IR function, the setting should be in camera>conditions