IR lights are flickering at night; tried but can't fix it

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't figure this out. I messed with ALL of the "condition" settings and nothing is working. This happens when dusk hits and the IR kicks on. I tried google with no luck but maybe I am not searching the correct issue.

Any suggestions on what settings to adjust or what to google to figure out how to fix this?

This is what it looks like

View attachment IMG_0232.MOV

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What model camera is that?
Has it always done that or had it been fine and then just recently started?

It looks like the IR being focused in a small tight area is bouncing back so strong its hitting the light sensor that tells it to turn off then it gets dark so it tells it to turn back on...

Unless its one of those whacky Tioc's?

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a Dahua IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2-2.8mm

Started a while back. Usually starts when dusk hits and stops after it is completely dark.

I turned off IR completely and it is still flashing.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There are no other lights except IR on that camera, so obviously you didnt get them shut off.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the boobie cam with two lenses right?
I think you're getting severe IR bounce back. Try angling one of the lenses away.

I dont know much about that particular camera,@looney2ns reviewed it, maybe he has another idea

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Smart Ir has issues with older cams. You have something reflecting and it’s trying adjust the IR emitters to compensate. Could be bugs or anything

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Smart Ir has issues with older cams. You have something reflecting and it’s trying adjust the IR emitters to compensate. Could be bugs or anything
I am going to keep an eye on it and see how it handles the light transition from day to night. Thanks again for the help.