IR lamp for Dahua Fisheye ipcam

matwh

n3wb
Reaction score
http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-eb5500-1358.html

I have the above Dahua Fisheye panoramic camera.. but it has no IR lamp. Where can I purchase a separate IR lamp and can it work with the Dahua Fisheye (does the CCD has the IR sensitivity like in other IR capabled ipcam)? Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
point a remote control at it in black and white/night mode and see if you can see the IR coming out the emitter.. it might not have a mechanical IR cut filter on it.

matwh

n3wb
Reaction score
point a remote control at it in black and white/night mode and see if you can see the IR coming out the emitter.. it might not have a mechanical IR cut filter on it.
I tested the dahua fisheye. It can see the remote control IR led at both black and white/night mode as well as daytime mode. While other normal Dahua cameras (bullet, dome with IR lamp) I tried won't see the remote control IR led at daytime mode. So what IR lamps can work with the dahua fisheye (which doesn't have IR lamp)? Also if the dahua fisheye can see IR even at daytime, how come the color doesn't get bluish?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
because your using it indoors w/out alot of IR? shrug, well it is visible to IR light so if you can use any IR Illuminator you like.. but you might end up putting it on a switch to turn it on/off since you have no IR Cut filter at all and it will screw with daytime images if it comes on too early.

matwh

n3wb
Reaction score
because your using it indoors w/out alot of IR? shrug, well it is visible to IR light so if you can use any IR Illuminator you like.. but you might end up putting it on a switch to turn it on/off since you have no IR Cut filter at all and it will screw with daytime images if it comes on too early.
But I have used the Dahua Fisheye outside with full daylight. Images are normal even if it can also see IR in the remote control. Maybe it adjusted the images so even if IR from daylight reaches it. Images look normal? The dahua fisheye has no mirror IR cut and IR capability is enabled all the time.