IR Booster power? how do you....

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You use a PoE splitter but how do you power on the source side of the cable ? 12V or real PoE switch ?

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You use a PoE splitter but how do you power on the source side of the cable ? 12V or real PoE switch ?
I use a 8 port POE Switch. Using the item i got on amazon... the lights work but the camera isnt working any longer

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use a 8 port POE Switch. Using the item i got on amazon... the lights work but the camera isnt working any longer
WHat kind of PoE splitter is it ? is it an "active" PoE splitter with electronic inside that can convert 48V into 12V or one of the "passive" 3 bucks splitters ? if passive then it's normal it do not work.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assumed it was still using the cat5 connection to power the camera. Upon looking at the cat5e connector... all the power wires are gone... no wonder. So i had to use a power Y splitter and it seems to power the camera. We will see tonight if im able to use this IR can.

Thanks

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok problem solved I should have tell you to check that but I missread that it was the IR projector that was not working, not the camera and yes it is not usual that on 48V/12V converters the power wires are removed in order t o not send wrong voltage to the ethernet connected device, unless the PoE splitter provide double power capacity, one to send normal PoE the the Ethernet device and a second 12V only to the jack.

Last edited: