IPCT-HFW4432E-I5 Warranty

Reaction score
I bought the IPCT-HFW4432E-I5 just under 3 years ago and it has stopped working. The POE switch lights say the camera is powering up but not transmitting data. I tested the cable and switch and tried a replacement cable and switch as well.

How do I go about getting a warranty replacement? The ipcamtalk store page says it has a 3 year warranty.

Reaction score
I opened up the cover to the reset button and a good bit of water poured out. I'm going to let it dry before I power it again.

This camera is IP67 rated. Should I be considering IP68 cams for outdoor use in windy, and sometimes rainy, Wyoming?

Reaction score
The flash memory chip took the easy way out. Water did not enter through the RJ45 connector, it entered through the front face of the camera.
20220620_094431.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had water enter the front of a Dahua bullet cam before too but it didn't kill it, just condensed in front of the lens. When I took it down and opened the door on the bottom where the SD card is, a little water poured out.

Most outdoor cameras are rated for much better ingress protection than is actually required (IP54 would be good enough to handle bad weather). It is only a faulty seal that allows water in. Unfortunately that happens sometimes. IP68 rating versus IP67 is meaningless for an IP camera unless the thing is literally designed to be operated underwater, then maybe they would take the sealing more seriously.

Reaction score
bp, I noticed condensation on the lens but figured it was just from daily temperature change.

Do you know if I have a chance at getting a warranty replacement? Or should I chalk this up as a common occurrence and keep an eye on seals?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I certainly hope it would be replaced since it has obviously not performed according to the specification.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the IPCT-HFW4432E-I5 just under 3 years ago and it has stopped working. The POE switch lights say the camera is powering up but not transmitting data. I tested the cable and switch and tried a replacement cable and switch as well.

How do I go about getting a warranty replacement? The ipcamtalk store page says it has a 3 year warranty.
Shoot me a PM!