ipcamtalk Conversation Function

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone let me know if there is a way to sort Conversations from other members in a manner like an email inbox in the manner that the newest Conversation is at the top of the list and the oldest Conversation is at the bottom of the list? The list would stay sorted by the original conversation date instead of the last response/answer in that conversation.

The current setup for me is super confusing because conversations keep re-prioritizing themselves.

Rich

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can filter using 'first message' instead of last post which will accomplish what you're looking for - you may have to go DEEP to find active threads that were started a long time ago though - I think the current setup functions more like email where your 'newest' replies appear at the top of the list

1682087957372.png

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that on the app or web page? On the webpage I don't seem to have access to filter that way.

Forum.jpg

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am on web browser - but the filter option I'm showing only exists when you are clicked into a particular forum (General Talk, Blue Iris, etc etc) - I'm not sure what page you're on to get that filter option

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am selling some used cameras in the classifieds section and the lack of ability to filter conversations to a more normal(?) view makes me feel like I am skipping over people that asked to purchase them first.

I would ask if there are global configurations the site moderators can make that would change the filer capability on conversations to please look into that option.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could have people email you instead?

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is an option but I would need to either post my email address publicly or have a conversation to give the email address, which is still having the unfilterable conversation