IPCAM system

ckown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I am looking for a new IP camera system for my home. My budget is around 500. I have a group of individuals stalking me at home and work with use of drones and other electronic harassing devices. I have a two story home and bedroom is upstairs. This group has drilled holes into my windows sils and are using drones to pump gases and other things in on me daily. I have a 75 foot tower that I want to put 4 cameras on hoping to cover my house. From cam to ground is 75ft. I have some analog 3mp cam. Should I go with Bl and cams or a NVR and cams. Installation isnt an issue. I can pull the IP cable. I need to capture some footage so maybe the locals will do there job. Thanks in advance

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Without getting into the weeds on this, mounting cameras on a tower 75 feet up is a useless effort unless you can identify people from the tops of their heads, perhaps by male pattern baldness.

A budget of $500 doesn't even scratch the surface for an effective system that will cover all sides of a four sided dwelling and perform well enough at night to make positive identification of anyone.

You need to rethink your options an goals after reading the Wiki in the blue bar at the top of every page here.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all. I am looking for a new IP camera system for my home. My budget is around 500. I have a group of individuals stalking me at home and work with use of drones and other electronic harassing devices. I have a two story home and bedroom is upstairs. This group has drilled holes into my windows sils and are using drones to pump gases and other things in on me daily. I have a 75 foot tower that I want to put 4 cameras on hoping to cover my house. From cam to ground is 75ft. I have some analog 3mp cam. Should I go with Bl and cams or a NVR and cams. Installation isnt an issue. I can pull the IP cable. I need to capture some footage so maybe the locals will do there job. Thanks in advance
Welcome @ckown

If you know the individuals, perhaps a court order restraining order is worth considering ..

ckown

n3wb
Reaction score
update: I have looked into to the court order. My budget has increased to 2or 3k. is it cheaper to go with ip cams and blue iris than the nvr route. i was thinking going with dahua cams . Its a square 2 lvl home with stairs in the rear outside with a wrap around 8' porch. the tower is in rear of home next to stairs. we park at rear left.

PTZ on tower
4 cams on porch all sides
1 cam rear stairs
1 cam parking
2cams drive way

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
update: I have looked into to the court order. My budget has increased to 2or 3k. is it cheaper to go with ip cams and blue iris than the nvr route. i was thinking going with dahua cams . Its a square 2 lvl home with stairs in the rear outside with a wrap around 8' porch. the tower is in rear of home next to stairs. we park at rear left.

PTZ on tower
1 cam rear stairs
1 cam parking
2cams drive way
HI @ckown

My recommendation:

Pick up one good varifocal 4MP 1/1.8" camera ( example a Dahua OEM from Andy .. ) a good length of cat5e/6 cable, a small PoE switch and start playing with possible positions.

Once you play around a bit, you'll better know where to place the cameras and what FOV works for those locations to get the results you want.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

PTZ on tower
1 cam rear stairs
1 cam parking
2cams drive way
Have you studied this: Wiki