IPC-T5442T-ZE substream not working blue iris

CJ133

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Generally 8192 as the minimum for mine (CBR, H.264). Some higher where I want better quality for wildlife. Very noticeable deterioration in quality as it gets lower (e.g., grass starts sparkling and moving) . But if your priority is lowest resource requirements, then 2048 and H.265 will do that.

Your CPU % seems very high for 8 4MP and 2 MP especially if you're running at such low rates and using substreams. I ran the same I5-4570 for a long time. Might have hit that 50/70% before substreams were available but should be much lower now. Are you sure that the other cams actually are using the substream?

What happens to let you know that the substream on this one isn't working? No display in multi-cam views or it just shows the main stream?
After dropping everything down to the it is now my cpu issue is in the low 30s. Before was with 264 and 8192 on the 4mp cameras.

Here's the error I get. This is just from changing the single / to the full string for the main stream. Same thing happens if I only do the substream.

PXL_20220918_153709732~2.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh that error is an ONVIF password conflict.

At some point you either changed the ADMIN password or it didn't carry over to the ONVIF password at initialization.

Go into the camera GUI and there is a tab under one of the options where you create users and passwords and there is a tab for ONVIF user or something like that. Go to that tab and make the admin password what you want it to be and problem solved.

CJ133

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh that error is an ONVIF password conflict.

At some point you either changed the ADMIN password or it didn't carry over to the ONVIF password.

Go into the camera GUI and there is a tab under one of the options where you create users and passwords and there is a tab for ONVIF user or something like that. Go to that tab and make the admin password what you want it to be and problem solved.

That's is?!?

I really wish I had just posted that originally.

Now I'm one of "those guys".

I'm recording the main stream 24/7. I'll read the link you posted.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's is?!?

I really wish I had just posted that originally.

Now I'm one of "those guys".

I'm recording the main stream 24/7. I'll read the link you posted.
LOL - that is why we ask so many questions as people usually leave out what the root cause is.

If you record substream until motion, you will get a lot more storage. Especially if you have any cameras that don't see a lot of motion. Some of my cameras dropped to 20MB per day or so when they were burning up 2GB every 1.5 hours as mainstream.

CJ133

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL - that is why we ask so many questions as people usually leave out what the root cause is.

If you record substream until motion, you will get a lot more storage. Especially if you have any cameras that don't see a lot of motion. Some of my cameras dropped to 20MB per day or so when they were burning up 2GB every 1.5 hours as mainstream.

Ok so I got the substream working but for some reason the main stream path needs to stay "/". Not really sure about that but ok.

Can Blue Iris record the substream 24/7 and switch to main on trigger? I saw another software could but came up with nothing looking for BI.

I'd like to thank everyone for all of the help. Without this forum and it's members I'd be lost with this.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can set recording to continuous + trigger and then it will record substream until triggered then go to mainstream and then back to substream when event is over.

Try copying the main and substring strings from another camera and copy/paste in place of the /