ipc-t5442t-ze Current video play is poor

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I’m having a playback issue with an ipc-t5442t-ze stating that the Current video play is poor. BI is receiving triggers and displaying them without issue. However, I’m having difficulty with playback from the local SD card. Playback on this particular camera always reverts back to sub stream as well. I can play it in mainstream and it looks good. Here are some pictures of what I’m seeing on local playback. I’m using @wittaj initial video settings. 264,15fps, 8192 for 4mp. The SD card is a Sony I just opened up. Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Attachments

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I forget, are your cameras going thru a router?

What is the quality of the Sony SD card? They make cheap and good ones.
All cameras are going through switches now and then to a router and BI.

Sony 8GB Class 10 UHS-1 Micro SDHC up to 70MB/s Memory Card (SR8UY2A/TQ)
That’s the SD card. Would a bad sd card cause these issues? I thought they might because I couldn’t think of anything besides that or the camera recording it?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the cameras are passing thru the router to get to BI? If so that is likely the problem.

Unlike streaming services like Netflix, these cameras do not buffer and routers cannot keep up with that demand from a camera.

Especially since it is going to BI so sending a stream there and now trying to play a high quality mainstream off the card.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cameras go the same poe switch BI and the router are on and are all connected to the same switch. Should I have another switch running from my poe/bI to my router? My other three cameras run like a champ.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is an 8GB card and you can get 32 GB Sandisk cards for single digit $. Perhaps you have some good SDcard somewhere near? If I had the card out already, I'd replace it with something bigger just to save time.
You could still check out wittaj's suggestion once you have the equipment.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is an 8GB card and you can get 32 GB Sandisk cards for single digit $. Perhaps you have some good SDcard somewhere near? If I had the card out already, I'd replace it with something bigger just to save time.
You could still check out wittaj's suggestion once you have the equipment.
That was my last one. I’ve got a 512gb Samsung pro in my ptz and the other two have 32gb sandisk. The switch should handle everything I think. That leaves me with the SD card or camera to check. I’ll get one on order.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that 8GB may simply not be able to keep up.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score