IPC-T5442T-ZE blurry image area

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank guys for the input. I will try some of the suggestion when I get home from work later.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Didja ever get this sorted out?
No, have been trying numerous things. I even replaced the camera with a new one with no luck. My NVR is a newer Dahua 24-camera unit and only running 16 cameras. I had added an older Dahua PTZ in the place of an ipc-T5442-ze a couple weeks ago but took it off the system to see if it would help. Rebooted everything, but no luck. Picture is perfect during the day.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I would do this;

1- factory reset the camera using the reset button on the lite trap door, while connected, and leave at defaults (Auto) for 1 night while grabbing a screenshot and short clip

2- pending outcome of #1, adjust to basic recommended settings: 8192 CBR, 15 FPS, h.264, general/standard codec, make sure ROI is OFF, 1/60 manual exposure, IR Auto, leave all else at default 50. Take sample shot and video clip and post

It sure looks like macro blocking and/or ROI enabled.

3- If #2 still shows the blur and pixelization, run a temporary cable, just lay it in the ground, and repeat samples.
****If new cable still shows problem, I’d exchange the camera. After re-reading your last post, this actually should be step #1