IPC-T5442T bricked? Any way out?

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well @Joepoe

Setup Windows PC with two IP ADDRESS on ethernet interface:
192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.0.0
192.168.254.254 netmask 255.255.0.0

Start TFTP server on Your ethernet interface (i.e tftpd32)

Get a firmware update to camera, change extension from .bin to .zip and unpack all files (dont worry about one error - it doesnt matter).

Place .img files in tftpd directory and a .txt file from here (don't touch the .txt file).

Power On Camera - you should see few file downloads and later a "success.txt" message.

Stop TFTP server, reboot camera and try to start it.

Attachments

Joepoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Well @Joepoe

Setup Windows PC with two IP ADDRESS on ethernet interface:
192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.0.0
192.168.254.254 netmask 255.255.0.0

Start TFTP server on Your ethernet interface (i.e tftpd32)

Get a firmware update to camera, change extension from .bin to .zip and unpack all files (dont worry about one error - it doesnt matter).

Place .img files in tftpd directory and a .txt file from here (don't touch the .txt file).

Power On Camera - you should see few file downloads and later a "success.txt" message.

Stop TFTP server, reboot camera and try to start it.
Thanks, I may try again - maybe I overlooked something but it won't be soon.....

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not had any luck - I'm out of ideas other than use it as a decoy or for parts ;-)
Don't forget Andy's comment to power off a 12v adapter of at least 2 amps when trying a hard reset. I was getting nowhere with a brick trying reset with poe, then with 1.5 amp adapter. Finally saw Andy's suggestion about 2 amp minimum somewhere, swapped adapters, and sudden success ensued.

AlwaysSomething

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same problem.

I got the camera and wanted to match another T5442T I have. It was definitely the SmartIR and a few other things (I think it was noise reduction and IVS but don't remember exactly).

Went to update the Firmware to match by other camera and now its on 192.168.1.251 and not accessible.

I followed all the suggestions posted in this thread as well as the other thread for Unbricking and no luck. I do have a power adapter with 2.5 amps and it is connecting via TFTP and transferring files. However, it always fails saying a "File not found or No Access" when I get a few files in.

If my understanding is correct the files have to be in the order of the "Install" file found in the firmware.

Here is the install file from the firmware I got from Andy's site just yesterday (EmpireTech IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.840.15OG00D.0.R.220818.bin):

{
"Commands" : [
"burn dhboot.bin.img bootloader",
"burn kernel_min.img kernel_min",
"burn romfs_min-x.squashfs.img romfs_min",
"burn kernel.img kernel",
"burn partition-x.cramfs.img partition",
"burn romfs-x.squashfs.img rootfs",
"burn custom-x.squashfs.img custom",
"burn firmware-x.squashfs.img firmware"
],
"Devices" : [
[ "IPC-HX3XXX", "1.00" ]
],
"Vendor" : "General"
}
/IPC_RestoreDefault

Strange thing is this says IPC-HX3XXX but the firmware is for T5442T. I can't find older firmwares to compare (all the links in the past posts on IPCamTalk used DropBox and are now deleted).

Moving past that, the bigger problem I see is there is no custom-x.squashfs.img in the BIN:

BIN contents.PNG

I tried removing the line for the custom-x.squashfs.img in my commands.txt but I still get the error about file not found ... which makes me think it is looking for that file. IDK.

I've spent almost 2 days trying to get this camera back up.

If anyone actually has an old firmware they can share I wouldn't mind trying it. Please don't link to old posts unless the actual link/dropbox works. FYI - The Firmware I tried to upgrade to is:

EmpireTech IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.840.15OG00D.0.R.220818.bin

Thanks in advance.