IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.11.R.191230

Reaction score
Why this FW was posted under 5442 cameras section on official Dahua web site?
It also sounds strange to me that applying official FW could brick the camera just because it's branded differently. Branding is in software, not in hardware. That's why I asked Andy to comment.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. I extracted the .rar file and it wouldn't take it. I tried both files. My cameras were bought directly from Andy at Empiretech.
who tell you the Dahua website 100% right? Their website has lots of mistakes. Just follow what i posted on the ipcamtalk.
DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.12.R.200319 This firmware only suits the first batch in 2019. The left all use
DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_Market_V2.800.0000000.10.R.191118
Any wrong firmware will kill the camera. So have to be careful.

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried logging in to the camera from a web browser instead of the nvr browser? Updating from the web browser worked for me on 2 Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras.

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Smart Motion Detection makes it much easier to search video. For example a bird or a tree blowing won't create a motion event. The camera uses AI to determine whether or not an object is a person or vehicle.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got the fw from December 2019. When I flash it with this new one will it change the algorithm thing?? Got the file from Andy and the triangle is gone

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Smart Motion Detection makes it much easier to search video. For example a bird or a tree blowing won't create a motion event. The camera uses AI to determine whether or not an object is a person or vehicle.
What about dogs? I actually need it to trigger the event. Especially when it poops, I wish there was a possibility to train the AI model with what I need to filter.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed this firmware on my IPC-HDW5442TM-AS and it works fine

adds smart motion detection, not sure what is that

View attachment 63676
I am confirming that this firmware works on my Dahua IPC-HDW5442TM-AS camera, and can be found on this page. Right off, I notice the following changes from the firmware shipped on the camera from Andy (version V2.800.0000000.10.R, dated 2019-11-18):
  • The camera login screen uses the "Dahua" logo instead of saying "IP camera".
  • The bar at the top of the page uses the "Dahua" logo instead of saying "IP camera".
  • Maximum combined framerates slightly more restricted (used to be able to do 30fps @ 4MP plus 28fps @ 720p; now restricted to 30fps @ 4MP plus 15fps @ 720p). The tradeoff of 25+25fps that I used before still works fine.
  • PCM is now added to the list of supported audio formats. Selecting PCM with a sample rate of 48k, and the audio quality is better than ever—crisp, clear, perfect! Very impressed. The only improvements that remain would be to ditch the crap telephone formats and introduce the Opus format (it's HTML5 standard, MP4 compatible, open source, currently the best quality codec out there), and to use a better internal microphone. The latter I don't mind as I can do that upgrade myself.
  • The addition of "Smart Motion Detection". Haven't tested, but just about anything would be better than the completely worthless motion detection algorithm these cameras have had for years!
  • It now displays the camera model on the information page "IPC-HDW5442TM-AS" instead of omitting that line.
  • It is version V2.800.0000000.16.R, dated 2020-05-29.
  • Licensing of the AI functions seems to be fully intact.
I'm sure there are more changes, but that's all I noticed at a glance. I love all of them except for the slight combined FPS reduction. I read somewhere that the image noise reduction algorithm should be better. Can't confirm, although it's still pretty rough (excessive ghosting when moving the camera, and lots of noise if turned down).

Last edited:

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not actually using that feature, but as far as I can tell, yes, everything is there and it looks functional.

edit: Looks like Andy just released his version of that firmware here. Personally, I prefer the branded (logo) firmware, but to each his own!

Last edited:

c_snyder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to check does this firmware work on the HDW5442TM-ASE? I'm assuming it does since the B5442T-ASE is listed but I wanted to make sure.

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the face recognition works?
This camera doesn’t have face recognition capability. You would either need an NVR with the -I option for the facial recognition to work with this or any camera or one of the 7XXX cameras with the -FR option. The face detection option built in to this camera is a much simpler feature than Face Recognition.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera doesn’t have face recognition capability. You would either need an NVR with the -I option for the facial recognition to work with this or any camera or one of the 7XXX cameras with the -FR option. The face detection option built in to this camera is a much simpler feature than Face Recognition.
Damn, I thought this option worked for this model. I got a 4208 8 poe Dahua NVR

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This firmware we are still testing on it, will release them here soon.
I just upgraded to this firmware. My 5442 had old firmware from middle of 2019 before.

Noticed changes:
- It says Dahua not IP Camera
- PMC is available now. Before it was only up to AAC.

Upgraded fast and working great.

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just upgraded to this firmware. My 5442 had old firmware from middle of 2019 before.

Noticed changes:
  • It says Dahua not IP Camera
  • PMC is available now. Before it was only up to AAC.

Upgraded fast and working great.
It says Dahua because you installed a “Logo” firmware. They usually make two firmwares. One logo and one oem so that if you are selling to customers and don’t want them to know the brand or want to put your own brand name on the camera, you would install the oem firmware.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score