IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 IRIS Stuck open?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have anyone else seen this or know a fix...? loose cable in the cam (don't want to open the body if there's not even a cable)? I recently got the camera used and i believe it is about 3-4 years old. luckily the IRIS is stuck open rather than closed. holding the camera to my ears, I can't hear any noise at all when adjusting the iris, where the other z12 I can hear and see the IRIS opening/closing.

Note, the seller made me good on this, so this is genuinely trying to see if there's a known fix for this problem. then maybe i would be able to reciprocate his kindness if I can fix this

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A hammer to loosen it LOL.

Interesting, I have never heard the iris open and closing. I can hear the IR filter when IR is turned off and on.

But then again I was never paying attention to the sound when changing the iris LOL.

Give it a few hard taps and maybe a few resets and see if that jars it loose.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Already try new firmware and factory reset plus multiple regular power off on. Also tried tapping it but didn't want to knock too hard and break something else.

I literally have to hold my ears up to the camera to hear the iris opening closing

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it washing out the daytime too much?

Like you said, a full open iris beats closed LOL, so with other settings you can probably mitigate some of the too much light.

Or add some sunglasses to it:cool:

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it washing out the daytime too much?

Like you said, a full open iris beats closed LOL, so with other settings you can probably mitigate some of the too much light.

Or add some sunglasses to it:cool:
anyone ever open up this cam with a how to post?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is one close LOL