IPC-HFW4431M-I2 Reset Button

nocotech

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings!

I managed to scoop up one of these units 'used' online and it seems that the config is not at default.
Which left me with the hail Mary attempt to throw a few subnets at it to see if it would crop up. But not much luck at all. So my hunch is that if it is functioning and getting power... most likely it is set on some static address on some config that I'll have little luck finding.

So my final attempt is to try and hunt down the reset button for this unit. Any help in pointing to the general location of that is greatly appreciated.

Thx!

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Smart PSS should be able to auto discover it.

Devices > Add device.
It should auto discover the camera and tell you the IP/range. (don't do the lan scan)
Switch your NIC to the range and change the IP?

Otherwise, the reset button is inside the camera.
It maybe on the bottom or via the back.

nocotech

n3wb
Reaction score
Trial and error... unit would not detect so was able to disassemble it. Popped off the front cover, removed screws, and bridged holes 1 & 2 with of all things a twist tie that is normally used in the produce market... small enough to fit/bridge.
Sure enough after that, unit became responsive while running ping -t 192.168.0.108 in Windows.

Thanks for the response...

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trial and error... unit would not detect so was able to disassemble it. Popped off the front cover, removed screws, and bridged holes 1 & 2 with of all things a twist tie that is normally used in the produce market... small enough to fit/bridge.
Sure enough after that, unit became responsive while running ping -t 192.168.0.108 in Windows.

Thanks for the response...
You are very welcome. :)

I was going to link this as a general guide but wasn't too sure if you were that keen on cracking it open. :)

https://dahuawiki.com/images/1/1e/ResetIPCamera.pdf

psychfox

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Have you managed to find the reset switch on this model? i have two of this camera's installed at home and forgotten the password i used. How do i reset it to factory settings? i tried opening the unit but could not find the reset switch.

Thank you in advance for helping.

nocotech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

From what I recall, this particular model does not come with any reset button or switch. It actually requires some disassembly to expose the board. To which you will find small holes next to each other. I believe they had a number 1 and 2 next to them. This meant that they're to be bridged manually and in my case I had to find something thin enough to fit into the holes. My paperclips were too thick so I opted for (of all things) a twist tie. Those things that you tie around bags in the produce department of your local grocery store.

But bridging it did do the trick.

ResetIPCamera - Dahua Wiki