IPC- HDW5442TM-AS - Can't get them to reset using the reset button

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bought used. They all must have been on the same system, as they all have the 10.1.30.10, 11...etc

I thought you just held down the reset button under the sim card cover for a few seconds. I started with 10 seconds and have increased to 3 minutes without success.

Tried with poe switch and 12vdc to no avail. Can't log in on user interface. Get locked out after several tries.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try holding it in and then providing power. You should hear the IR filter click after say 20 seconds or so.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The reset button of the camera needs to be loaded into the kernel before it can be activated.
When the camera determines that it has been powered on and entered the kernel.
By holding down the reset button for 5 seconds.
Will send an instruction to clear the user ENV config value.
If you have flashed the wrong firmware, you can't reset using.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
When you reset, the password defaults and you need to re initiate the camera.

Are you using a Dahua Poe NVR?

If not
Reset with power from the PoE switch.
unplug camera
plug camera back in
It should be able to be reached at 192.168.1.108
Login, re- initate and assign another IP address, Save.
What is the network of your switch?

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have BI on a PC but was using my laptop with ip config "Dahua Version"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is how most of us get the cameras to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1661824294914.png
Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system (and not the IP address of something already on the system) and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home.

Then go back into BI and select add camera and then type in the IP address you just gave the camera along with username and password and then hit the find/inspect button.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home.
That is one reason i use my laptop with no outside connection when initilizing and using the GUI.

Thanks for the help!

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just be careful purchasing used cameras. One camera I purchased will not reset. It's best to not purchase used cameras even if it is a member of your forum

A hint is when you ask the seller if they defaulted the cameras or if the have info on the old login PW. If they play dumd they are screwing you. I got screwed on 1 of 3 cameras.

Beware . Some people are pieces of shit.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The reset button of the camera needs to be loaded into the kernel before it can be activated.
When the camera determines that it has been powered on and entered the kernel.
By holding down the reset button for 5 seconds.
Will send an instruction to clear the user ENV config value.
If you have flashed the wrong firmware, you can't reset using.
If you have flashed the wrong firmware, you can't reset using. If this is correct the seller should know.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Disappointed is my only point. Have a great weakend. If I ever get my BI fully operational I'll be in Heaven!

Last edited:

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just be careful purchasing used cameras. One camera I purchased will not reset. It's best to not purchase used cameras even if it is a member of your forum

A hint is when you ask the seller if they defaulted the cameras or if the have info on the old login PW. If they play dumb they are screwing you. I got screwed on 1 of 3 cameras.

Beware . Some people are pieces of shit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got ripped off on 1 camera. I't's the 1st one i tried to reset. Ther other 2 did well. I't's the 3.6mm camera. I took out the reset button today and soldered in a wire that could short out / connect / disconnect the push/reset button. Didn't work. I knew it wouldnt.

I worked on a bench years ago so my soldering skills are...OK.
I'm still upset at the seller. he seemed suprised it would not default. Not gonna name him.

The ip adress has alwaws stayed the same. No clue what the password is.

On the bright side i have spare parts.