IPC-HDW5442T-ZE vs IPC-T5442T-ZE Firmware

Lexicon44

n3wb
Reaction score
I read through the thread with the December firmware from Andy, but didn't find an answer to my question there.

I got my IPC-T5442T-ZE cams from Andy. Please confirm that they're effectively unbranded Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE cameras.

If that's the case, is it safe to use the Dahua firmware from this site:

Also, on the Dahua site, they usually have "PN" and "NP" firmware. Does that just mean that for PN, PAL is the default while NTSC is available, and for NP NTSC is the default with PAL as an available option?

In summary, any reason not to use the Dahua official firmware?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy's cams are indeed Dahua OEM. And yes the N and P are for PAL and NTSC. But you can use either one because it is simply a pulldown in the firmware.

You could use the official Dahua firmware, but you will probably be downgrading the camera.

Members here have spent a lot of time working with Andy and him feeding back comments to Dahua engineers and them making revisions that are at this point only available on Andy's versions. Smart IR for one. Dahua has yet to release them officially (at least last time I checked).

He provides firmware here:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll ask another question: Why change the firmware? Will you be gaining anything? Losing anything? Possibly bricking the camera?

Although it will vary by camera, typically "Andy's" firmware is better than any official Dahua, or at least the same.