IPC-HDW5231R-Z Incorrect Date

prowland

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I change the date on my 5231R-Z? I initialized it yesterday. and the date shown on the Live Preview and Blue Iris is 2000-01-02, the time is 11:10:28 (My current date in Ohio is 2018-5-30 and time is 10:25 PM.
How can I change the camera date and time. Tried the Dahua Config Tool and Blue Iris. I either missed the spot to change the date and time or it is somewhere else. My PC has the correct date and time. If I add a time/date overlay it is correct. Is there a way to correct the date/time or delete it from the camera live view?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I change the date on my 5231R-Z? I initialized it yesterday. and the date shown on the Live Preview and Blue Iris is 2000-01-02, the time is 11:10:28 (My current date in Ohio is 2018-5-30 and time is 10:25 PM.
How can I change the camera date and time. Tried the Dahua Config Tool and Blue Iris. I either missed the spot to change the date and time or it is somewhere else. My PC has the correct date and time. If I add a time/date overlay it is correct. Is there a way to correct the date/time or delete it from the camera live view?
you want the camera to display the time, the blue iris timestamp is not recorded when using direct to disk
search the forum for timesynctool

prowland

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks,
Installed NetTime
Found Camera settings in Config Tool/System/General/Date&Time.
Thanks for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks,
Installed NetTime
Found Camera settings in Config Tool/System/General/Date&Time.
Thanks for the help.
remember you need to point the camera to the nettime server and open UDP 123 in the windows firewall so it can update.

prowland

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, followed you up to that. I pointed the camera to pool.ntp.org and I opened UDP 123 in firewall.

Thanks again for the guidance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, followed you up to that. I pointed the camera to pool.ntp.org and I opened UDP 123 in firewall.

Thanks again for the guidance
to clarify, it should not be pointed at pool.ntp, you need to point it to the ip of the machine running nettime

prowland

n3wb
Reaction score
Different than I thought.

On the Dahua Config Tool System/General/Date&Time tab
Check the NTP
Within the NTP section:
Enter the Public IP address of the PC running BI in the "server" (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
Enter 123 in the "port" (previously opened UDP 123 in the windows firewall)

Do I have to point the PC to pool.ntp or is that taken care of by the UDP Netime Server?

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@prowland
No need to point your PC to an NTP server. From your camera's NTP setting screen, enter the IP of the PC that you install NetTime as the NTP server IP.
NetTime, on the one hand, goes out to pool.ntp.org and gets the correct time. On the other hand, NetTime provides NTP time service to local devices on the same or connected network without going out to Internet NTP servers. Your PC with NetTime installed becomes an NTP (proxy) server.