IPC-HDW4431C IR Visable?

TomMas

n3wb
Reaction score
If someone has this camera can you tell me, will there be a red glow from the IR on the camera at night. We do not want these red eyes in the corners of our rooms ;-)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The IR can be turned off in software. You could replace it with nightlights or an external 940nm illuminator.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Best bet to work in low illumination though is to use one of the new Starlight series cams.

TomMas

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that Long wave IR is invisible to the naked eye. I guess there are no consumer grade cameras with Longwave.

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IR is invisible to the naked eye; but the LED's are visible.. you just cant see them lighting anything up.

Security cameras IR operates at 850nm, its not til 940nm that even the illuminators are not even visibly lit.. however even the cameras struggle with 940 and it takes over 2x the power @ 940nm to illuminate the same as 850nm.. so a 10W 850nm is usually brighter than a 20W 940nm

Dahua, and any other serious video surveillance manufacturer uses 850nm because it performs dramatically better and why would they purposefully make the image at night suck twice as much just to hide some stupid glow

kasperskie

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a red glow, but its moderate.
yes I know.. very subjective ;)
The leds on an external 850nm illuminator I have next to it are much more visible..

I did a test with a 940nm led but didnt see the led with the cam, so this cam likely wont do well with any 940nm external illuminator