IPC-HDW4233C-A does it need a separate power supply?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do we know what the sensor is in this camera? Reading the aliexpress page just noted "cmos"

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't think so. That's why I wondered how this cam compares to 'real' Starlight models. If they are much better in low light, I'd have no problem with paying the extra cost.
I'm happy with the low light performance, but at daytime it seems the sensor is not the best in high contrast situations.

c c

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't think so. That's why I wondered how this cam compares to 'real' Starlight models. If they are much better in low light, I'd have no problem with paying the extra cost.
I'm happy with the low light performance, but at daytime it seems the sensor is not the best in high contrast situations.
Do you have WDR enabled for the high contrast situations, and does it make a difference?

Besides the DST setting that doesn't seem to work (camera time resets itself a few seconds after I sync it to PC time, although since yesterday that time matches since we switched to winter time ;) ), some settings that are only in the IE interface, and not in ConfigTool don't display properly - the image spills over the actual settings:

upload_2017-10-30_16-1-47.png

upload_2017-10-30_16-3-28.png

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
WDR works, I'm still trying to find the optimum WDR setting. WDR in general works very well on the other cams I have.

DST: works here. You shouldn't have to sync time to your PC. Just set the time zone, DST, Sync to NTP settings (I would recommend using another time server), save and it will pick up the correct time in a few minutes max.

The image issue is a probably a setting in your PC. Somewhere on this forum there's a solution for this.

c c

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have yours able to access the internet? I thought the general recommendation is to lock them down so they can't.

Also I have setup an IVS rule, but not sure where I would see the effects, does the NVR need to be able to recognize this and mark events on the timeline? Currently it's recording 24/7, do I trigger another record?
upload_2017-11-2_18-16-30.png

But as soon as I click 'Save', the line disappears

upload_2017-11-2_18-17-58.png

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like you solved the image size issue. What was the solution?

My cams are connected to the NVR and it's connected to the internet. I need to access my NVR remotely. If you don't need this, you can keep it offline.

The events will create markers on the time line of the NVR, I'm pretty sure this only works on Dahua NVRs.

Did you enable the "light bulb" in Smart Plan"?

c c

n3wb
Reaction score
I used a different laptop that didn't have the image issue.

I thought you could still connect remotely via VPN when you disable port forwarding on the router and cam/nvr access to the internet.

If only Dahua NVRs recognize IVS events, well I don't have one yet :)
I just enabled the light bulb, but the line still disappears when I click 'save'

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
VPN is the safer way to go, but of course you still need to connect them to the internet. You just don't forward any ports (which is a good idea anyway).
If you know how to set up a VPN connection, I'd recommend this method. (Maybe your modem/router supports VPN or use a Raspberry PI to set up OpenVPN).

Don't know why your IVS lines disappear, they should be saved and stay visible. Works like that on all my Dahua cams.
Did you check whether the cam generates a snapshot when somebody crosses the (invisible) line?