IPC frimware upgrade

Faresoyam

n3wb
Reaction score
I have DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW IP camera I want to upgrade its firmware but I'm not sure if does the frimware i found works This is the link the release notes includes DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW (B) Here is the release notes and there is 2 versions IPCTC and IPCG which one to use.
Thanks in advance

Foxglove

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to ipcamtalk and I've got a question that I'm hoping there's some smart person out there that's willing to help.

I'm trying to upgrade/downgrade my DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW but the only types of files I'm able to locate (which was on the uk hikvision site) once extracted from a zip show as a digicap.dav file which is a file type my camera can't process in order to upgrade/downgrade the firmware.

Does anyone still have older firmware for this camera that's not in a digicap.dav file type or have access to a converter app that's able to take the digicap.dav file and make it usable and would be kind enough to link me to it?

Even though the camera isn't discontinued any meaningful support for this camera seems to be nearly non-existent.

Any help is REALLY appreciated.

Cheers.